• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vermeer BC625 Engine Swap

jeffjohnvol

I have a BC625 limb chipper with a Kohler 25hp motor. Looking to swap the motor and was looking to see if anyone has any experience with this, and can give any tips/tricks. I've found replacement motors, but the one that is on it has a horizontal shaft for the flywheel, and another shaft on the other side that drives the hydraulics for the autofeed. The replacement motor only has one shaft, and a fan cover on the other side where the hydraulic drive would be.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Is the replacement motor the same spec as the original one? If not, how did that happen? I have only worked on one that had the front crank extension and did not pay it much mind because that was not what I was in there for. Is the extension part of the crank or is it threaded on?