• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vermeer BC1800XL John Deere infeed

Bearhead

I have a new to me Vermeer chipper with the John Deere diesel. The engine warning light from the ECU is lit, although all is good, and with this on,Vermeer the infeed roller system will not function. Is there any way to clear any codes in the ECU without having to take to dealer or owning the correct scanner etc. Basically looking for a quick fix:0
Thanks

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Post a picture of the instrument panel. Is there any text in the display that reads SPNXXXX FMIXX?

Engine serial number?

Bearhead

I will get the serial number. The idiot light is back in and stays lit. Thanks. No tach and no readout re code. I just had the vermeer tech out here and he said yup its the engine, but they dont work on John Deere.

Attachments

• panel1.jpg
    panel1.jpg
    946.4 KB · Views: 17
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 16

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
When you post the engine serial number also post a picture of the injection pump. I am assuming it is an electronically controlled DE10 injection pump. Somewhere on the machine should be a display of some sort for the JD engine. Maybe in the engine compartment? Near the engine ECU? It is possible that Vermeer does not mount any display (Deere or otherwise) on that unit and I am certainly not versed in Vermeer's. If there is no display of any kind then someone with Service Advisor needs to connect to it to see what codes there are.

Bearhead

When you post the engine serial number also post a picture of the injection pump. I am assuming it is an electronically controlled DE10 injection pump. Somewhere on the machine should be a display of some sort for the JD engine. Maybe in the engine compartment? Near the engine ECU? It is possible that Vermeer does not mount any display (Deere or otherwise) on that unit and I am certainly not versed in Vermeer's. If there is no display of any kind then someone with Service Advisor needs to connect to it to see what codes there are.

No, no display at all which is not cool, the Vermeer ECU has LEDs with writing next to each and thats helpful, the LED next to Engine OK tag is not lit, which confirms that its the motor thats stopping the infeed. Serial no. PE4045T328810 4045TF275 IMG_6472.jpg IMG_6474.jpg IMG_6475.jpg

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Last edited:

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
No, no display at all which is not cool

Then your only course is to have someone with Service Advisor, Texa Diesel Laptop program or maybe someone with a Heavy Duty J1939 scan tool plug in to get the codes and troubleshoot the engine issue.

It maybe a dumb question but with the engine running have you wriggled the wiring loom and watching to see if the light goes out?

Ditto. Wiggle from the back of the injection pump to the ECU. Also place your thumb against the side of the ecu and press on it to put pressure on it to see if that changes anything.

Incorrect manual. He would need CTM331 Level 12 DE10 Fuel system manual.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
There are a heap of other manuals on that website and no need to buy if you click the preview.

Bearhead

Then your only course is to have someone with Service Advisor, Texa Diesel Laptop program or maybe someone with a Heavy Duty J1939 scan tool plug in to get the codes and troubleshoot the engine issue.

Ditto. Wiggle from the back of the injection pump to the ECU. Also place your thumb against the side of the ecu and press on it to put pressure on it to see if that changes anything.

Thanks, i will check this out. I unplugged and replugged all the connectors, no joy, i will wiggle the loom and as you suggest around the pump as well. Worst case I will get a JD tech out here as I want the system working as designed. its easy enough to jury rig but if theres ever an accident the lawyers would love it. Will let you know.