• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vandal guards

hmearth

Hi guys it's been awhile since I was here.
I have a job coming up soon and been advised to put vandal guards on my Deere 329D has anyone ever tried it.
If so got any pic's

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
Qty (1) dead carcass of "Vandal #1" draped over said skid steer ?

Should work nicely to fend off future vandals...

Seriously,
My old W&S excavator came with a literal pile of sheetmetal on a pallet....

Was the aforementioned guards, is in the parts book, they covered everything.
But putting all those on everynight would have taken about 45 minutes and
involve 10 padlocks....and the little rat bastards would probably steel the pile
in the daytime when your off working....

I see you have many things that could still be vandalized, could you just have a 20' conex
box dropped off at the job site. Drive it inside every night, and put your fuel supply
in there too, 1 padlock and your done.

Last edited:

lantraxco

That's a good idea, Conex box... couple aggressive snakes might help, just don't forget they're in there.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
Looking for a couple right now (conex boxes) they tell me the 20 footers are at a premium, as a standard
car hauling rollback wrecker can move them to jobsites, they work well for lockup.

40 footers are $1800 right now, they say there is a glut of them (and you need a Landoll
to move them)

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
hmearth, you could fit a 12mm lexan screen. The buggers won't break that. I still have stone marks in mine from Aholes trying to get in. How did you get on with the fuel problems?

hmearth

I thought of using a shipping container but i move aroud to much.
I got the fuel problem sorted i use some Hitachi fuel additive worked a treat

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
We use 20 foot Conex boxes. Lock up everything including fuel every night. It's the best way to ensure I don't have to replace stolen fuel and fix damaged machine. We pull them in and out with the equipment.

hmearth

I had a lexan screen fitted new but it made it hard to do fine grading so I went back to a glass screen

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
We use 20 foot Conex boxes. Lock up everything including fuel every night. It's the best way to ensure I don't have to replace stolen fuel and fix damaged machine. We pull them in and out with the equipment.
A pair of 5k axles underneath, a triangle frame up front, some lights on
Back....walla ! One heavy duty box trailer.