• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I love that Skagit.
Wayne Stone bought all of those Bomans when they were auctioned off. They are BIG!

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Wow...rough ride..She took a good hit..Must have been fairly new as the side panels are still in use...Looks like a standard 12V71 truck but i see a large air start tank on the right side..not a common sight.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Wow...rough ride..She took a good hit..Must have been fairly new as the side panels are still in use...Looks like a standard 12V71 truck but i see a large air start tank on the right side..not a common sight.
That P16 was a BCFP Caycuse truck new #6-261 1978 or 1979 . the mishap was in the late 1990's . The truck had a "Jacked up" natural 12V 71 originally , after a trip to town for a rebuild it came back to work with a twin turbo 12V71 .

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Rob Norman Collection Timberwest HBO Div. Skagit Model 199 on top of Mscan120.jpg 10 off McLure M/L I believe this was the largest Skagit that HBO had acquired , which was capable of holding 5000 feet of skyline . Unfortunately it was scrapped when Timberwest changed its top management and its future corporate direction . Ernie Harrison is loading out from a Grapple Yarder with the #54-85 a Madill 075 super Snorkel . Right side of picture against skyline .

TorkelH

The 199 was the ultimate Skagit. 13 were produced & I know of only three remaining.
That is my dream yarder.
Thats one more than me! Will you tell me about the third one?

The one in the picture I think was traveling the world, from California to Alaska, so Tasmania, and then back over the Pacific to Canada. Second or third built. If I am not remembering wrong also the same as used in the original ad.

Skagit probably built two with left hand mtd cab around 1980. One of them was at MMB Kelsey Bay and there's a few pictures of it on internet. About the other one I know nothing, other than I heard a rumor it was sold directly to a quarry. I think it may be a small chance both of them still is in existence in a quarry.