• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
how did the driver remedy that log off situation?
I wasn't there , but I would have got to a spot on road that turned to the left . Usually one of the cinch cables is loose , release it Then stand under opposite side of load and cut the tight cinch cable with a sharp axe and let the log drop on ground .

camptramp

Occupation
Great pictures Camptramp.
Thank you , I'm lucky to be acquainted and to have worked with some amazing loggers . Unfortunately not a lot of them had time to take many if any pictures , but those that have taken a few or a lot have been more than happy to share them . I have had some other things keeping me busy the past couple of years , but I have been lining up a few more pictures to reminisce "The Good Old Days" . Good to see VI TL posting his pictures .

wornout wrench

I know what you mean, I have worked with some really good people too.
It was always fun moving jobs and getting to a new camp, see how many people you knew from previous places.

I'm also guilty of not taking enough pictures. I have some but I have no idea where they are. We packed up for a possible move several years ago and they are in a box somewhere.

camptramp

Occupation

camptramp

Occupation
Just a question did Kathleen Fitzpatrick go on to become a school teacher, She looks like one of our school teacher here now retired.
I'm not sure Hank she is from the Cowichan area her father Hank was a Woods Foreman for WFI Gordon River Camp , I'll check with Dave when I get a chance .

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Boy they sure have to handle those logs a lot compared to down south here. We do all the Sorting scaling and Bucking in the woods and it goes direct to the destination. Back in the day around here though we did have sort yards and off-highway trucks that would haul into them where feasible.

Tugger2

Boy they sure have to handle those logs a lot compared to down south here. We do all the Sorting scaling and Bucking in the woods and it goes direct to the destination. Back in the day around here though we did have sort yards and off-highway trucks that would haul into them where feasible.
Maybe we could start hard surfacing the logs here to create some real employment here.Anyone got any WOODWELD100