• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Dave Whiskin Collection Western Forest Industries (WFI) Gordon River Camp 1st picture Derek Whiskin in Daves log truck . 2nd picture is Derek Whiskin in the cab of an American 7220 log loader with operator Hugh Bradshaw . 3rd picture is Woods Foreman Jim Kerrone in cab of log truck checking something out . 4th picture is long time log truck driver Bill Nicol , Bill is one of the best log truck drivers I have shared the road with , always made "good time" , took really good care of his truck , hardly turned a pebble on a steep loose hill and his tire wear was almost unbelievable . April / May 1980 View attachment 210881 View attachment 210882 View attachment 210883 View attachment 210884
Thanks to Dave "Whiskey" Whiskin and Camptramp for sharing pictures and info.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
Dave Whiskin Collection Western Forest Industries (WFI) Gordon River Camp 1st picture Derek Whiskin in Daves log truck . 2nd picture is Derek Whiskin in the cab of an American 7220 log loader with operator Hugh Bradshaw . 3rd picture is Woods Foreman Jim Kerrone in cab of log truck checking something out . 4th picture is long time log truck driver Bill Nicol , Bill is one of the best log truck drivers I have shared the road with , always made "good time" , took really good care of his truck , hardly turned a pebble on a steep loose hill and his tire wear was almost unbelievable . April / May 1980 View attachment 210881 View attachment 210882 View attachment 210883 View attachment 210884
I worked with Huey in Jeune Landing until he retired , His son and grand daughter still work there

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Dave Whiskin Collection WFI Gordon River Camp 1980 1st picture Bill Nicol , Ken Ramwell , R. Giles , Jim Kerrone 2nd picture J. Kerrone Woods Foreman , Bill Nicol Lowbed Driver , K. Ramwell , R. Giles , Huey Bradshaw Loader Operator . 4th picture Bill Nicol , R.Wear scan89.jpg scan090.jpg scan091.jpg scan92.jpg

Last edited:

camptramp

Occupation
Dave Whiskin WFI Gordon River Camp 1st picture view of E&N load out for loading rail cars from Lake Cowichan from North Shore Rd. 2nd picture WFI Honeymoon Bay Booming Grounds . 3rd picture "A" Frame for lift off log dump WFI Honeymoon Bay . 4th picture Boom Boat at WFI Honeymoon Bay log dump . 1979 scan0102.jpg scan103.jpg scan104.jpg scan109.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
scan105.jpg scan106.jpg scan107.jpg scan108.jpg Dave Whiskin WFI Gordon River 1st picture #213 Dave Whiskin's loaded log truck 1975 . 2nd picture Albert Baker & Sam Brown standing in front of loaded truck at Honeymoon Bay Log Dump . 3rd picture load of logs being dumped from #213 Pacific Log Truck at Honeymoon Bay log dump . 4th picture #2141 Kenworth (Bill Nicol) & #213 Pacific (Dave Whiskin) at Honeymoon Bay log dump , trailers loaded ready to head back to the "Woods" 1978 .

Len Burton

Occupation
Retired
View attachment 211220 View attachment 211221 View attachment 211222 View attachment 211223 Dave Whiskin WFI Gordon River 1st picture #213 Dave Whiskin's loaded log truck 1975 . 2nd picture Albert Baker & Sam Brown standing in front of loaded truck at Honeymoon Bay Log Dump . 3rd picture load of logs being dumped from #213 Pacific Log Truck at Honeymoon Bay log dump . 4th picture #2141 Kenworth (Bill Nicol) & #213 Pacific (Dave Whiskin) at Honeymoon Bay log dump , trailers loaded ready to head back to the "Woods" 1978 .

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Dave Whiskin Collection WFI Gordon River #213 Pacific leaving the Gordon R. shop with a rebuild and fresh coat of paint .June 1977 .View attachment 211272 View attachment 211273
Great pictures. To me it looks like a P10 model from the 60’s or early 70’s. I can’t read the model number below Pacific name plate on hood. Please diamondguy - can you add further information. It seems to me it got a straigth frame.

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
It looks to me to be a P-10...Both the Pacific and the Kenworth are set up to pull pre loader trailers.I have never seen that before...Nice pics.

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator