• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Value of 2004 Takeuchi TL140 with hole in block question

Rob7

This type of post may not be allowed and if so my apologies, please delete.
Would like to know what may be considered a fair asking price for the unit I am wanting to sell and what the best way to sell it may be? I am a remodeler by trade and know very little about heavy equipment. Located in Central Kentucky.
I have a 2004 Takeuchi TL140 with hole in block. Machine has been well used, i purchased in 2011 w 4000+ hours on it and had it completely serviced and it ran great up until about a year ago when for some reason something happened to cause a hole in the block. The crazy thing is the machine will still start and run. We have been looking for a motor/block however our research indicated one would pay upwards of $10,000.00 - $12,000.00 for the engine. Have had 3 guys looking for new or used motors and to date we have not come across anything under 10K that we would feel comfortable installing. At this point I am looking to cut my losses and move on. The Takeuchi was purchased to work on the farm on the weekends so technically it did not generate any revenue it was just handy and able to accomplish many tasks efficiently. Several thoughts have entered my mind. Craigslist? Ebay? Ritchie Bros?. I just have no idea what the salvage value may be and what I should ask? Any help, guidance or suggestions would be much appreciated.

The Peej

A well used 15-year-old machine needing an engine. I would value that as 10,000# of scrap metal. Maybe you could part it out and make a little more.