• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

USA Attachments

SalmonShark

I am looking at getting a rake for my mini-x from these guys and wondering if anyone had any feedback about them.

http://www.excavatorthumb.com/raker/stumper1.html

I called them up, and they will build a 36" rake to fit my q/c and existing thumb for around 1k.

Locally, all I could find was a place that would build one for me, but they wanted 1800 to do it... I feel like a rake would ideal for stacking my brush piles and stuff instead of grabbing dirt with the bucket all the time...

Opinions/advice?

Thanks,
SS

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
rake

I am looking at getting a rake for my mini-x from these guys and wondering if anyone had any feedback about them.

http://www.excavatorthumb.com/raker/stumper1.html

I called them up, and they will build a 36" rake to fit my q/c and existing thumb for around 1k.

Locally, all I could find was a place that would build one for me, but they wanted 1800 to do it... I feel like a rake would ideal for stacking my brush piles and stuff instead of grabbing dirt with the bucket all the time...

Opinions/advice?

Thanks,
SS

Not sure about this company, never dealt with them, I have dealt with Quick Attach, you can find them on eBay and get their website. I bought a grapple for my skidsteer, for the same reason you are talking about. It cuts the dirt down alot.
$1000 seems pretty cheap, I would think the $15-$1800 would be a good price
google excavator rake and see what that tells you
Good Luck

JDecker

we got a thumb for a 311 cat about a month ago from them we got it with in three days. they did a nice job on it and we have put it to the test. Bangs a little:usa when pinned back. But we were happy with them for the price. we might get a brush rack for our dozer from them.

Goat

Take a look at D and E manufacturing, ASI in Deland, Florida, and PSM on the west coast. USA Attachments are brokered not manufactured. Rockland makes one of the most well engineered, over built, excavator attachments on the market. There is no better thumb and rake manufacturer for the money than Rockland. Just my thoughts...

nedly05

We have a thumb of theirs on our 70SR Kobelco, it's been put through its paces and I can't say too much bad about it, it could use some new pins about now as they are getting loose, and when it is in the stored position, it bangs a bit, for the money they are a good piece, just know it's probably a bit a a quality reduction over say geith or any of the big names.

bobcatrg

Occupation
Full Time Firefighter & Excavation Business
I bought a thumb from them about 8 months ago for my Kubota kx121-3. I have been real pleased with it.

xalexjx

AIM attachments has some real good stuff, for decent prices too. We have a grade all bucket, and two different thumbs and they've held up pretty good..