• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

USA attachments

Jimbo

Does anyone here have any experience with USA Attachments?; specifically their frost rippers?
I am contemplating buying one for my Deere 710D, and am wondering if the Woods, etal are worth the extra cost--2 to 3 times the cost.
I will be using it primarily in borrow pits on our ranch, nothing too hard, and I will be the operator.

Thanks, Jimbo

steve loving

Jimbo i cant tell you about frost rippers but i have installed thier excavator thumbs . Thier thumbs have no bushings just pin to metal fit also the pins are not standerd sizes like the stiff arm pins are like 1.960 instead of 2 inch. But all in all its a get what you pay for thing. The welding is good they use certified steel . I do feel for the price its a good value. Ask questions about thickness. Where what kind of steel is used. You could tear up the usa or the deere with abuse Steve

Swamp rat

Jimbo , i havent used this attachment , but have two rootrakes one on a 850 JD and one on a D8 . They were very good to deal with and both rakes have held up well.

TheClaw

I sadly do not have any experience with their frost rippers. My guess is that they are high quality if its like any of their other products. t wouldn't hurt to call and ask some questions like Steve said.

Jimbo

Thanks for the replies. I have found a Rockland in almost unused condition for about $500 more than a USA and was wondering if it was really worth the extra $$$. From my research, neither company puts replaceable bushings in their rippers, but the Rockland uses significantly larger pin bosses; enough so that I could bore them and install bushings if the need arises.
Thanks again for your help.
Oh, and the Rockland is about 4 times the price of the USA at retail, it better be a whole lot better.

Jimbo

TheClaw

You will have to let us know how it works out for you. With that much of a price difference I really hope they work out well. My guess is they will work out great.

Jimbo

Update;
I ended up finding a CF frost ripper in (very) lightly used condition, for less than 1K delivered; smoking deal!
Upon researching the quality of CF, I discovered that CF is now under the Woods Group banner, much like Palladin has a number of familiar names under their banner these days. Interestingly enough, CF, and WB (Werk Brau) appear to be identical in design and construction. There is also another manufacturer whose name escapes me at this time, whose frost ripper also appears the same.
I won't be able to put it to use until next week, but will update again with pics.
Thanks again for the help and advice.

Jimbo