• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Upset got to vent

Arabhacks

Banned
Occupation
Underemplyed Operator
WB San ntonio

Hello.

I was an operator for WB for nearly a year and was told that I could make more money as a driver.
Oscar and the gang were stealing dirt and I said something about it.
I was promptly fired.
The company did take action and I was put back on a dozer only to see someone killed.
At the present time I am unable to feel comfortable behind the wheel of a CMV due to this incident.
But, due to the fact that I have always been safe around equipment I can operate with some degree of comfort.
To recruit drivers they pay a $200 bonus to whoever signs you on.
That is why Oscar had the big push to get me to drive, he made the money. :D
However I was actually making less money as a driver.
So, use your imagination, guess how little they pay?
That is what you are up against.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I was told by a Texas Highway Dept Inspector that the trucks had to be legal to be on a State job.But contractors like W.B.in Houston and others know who to pay off.

They don't even have to pay them off there is so much going on they can't check every truck if they check any. State inspectors are easiest I have found to bend the rules around.