• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Updates available for Apache/Spectra control boxes

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I wanted to let others know that there is a software update available now for the Spectra and Apache (same box) dual control box. The model for the Apache is CB52 I believe. I have been having problems with mine. It processes very slow and then locks up, amid other issues. Apparently they have a software fix available. FYI

Bigironjim

Occupation
Lard, wishes, manure, nails, bongo's, flyswatters,
Do ypu have any more information on the "fix" ? We have 2 CB30 (spectra), one works like a champ, the other is sluggish and has locked up a couple times..

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I should be getting mine back after Thanksgiving. They say works well on the bench. We will see. When I was having problems with my Apache, CAT gave me a Spectra to run and it did the same thing. I am hoping the software changes fixes it. However they told me its not perfect even after the updates, take that for what its worth.

Bigironjim

Occupation
Kaiser> did you get a chance to put your Apache controls to work with the updates? Just wanted to know if the "update" made them work better..

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I got the box back. CAT is going to come out and install the box in my new tracked machine. It sounded like that would happen in the next couple of weeks. It would be nice if that Apache control box was like half the size that it is. Trying to find a place to mount that may prove interesting.

Bigironjim

Occupation
We are using "levelbest" dual slope boxblade's and the CB30 is out on the boxblade carriage. We have the dual remote control pendants inside the cab on magnets to the roof, makes benching, offsets and auto control much easier.