• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Understanding & Plotting Rimpull

BIS_RA

Hi Everyone,

I recently made a switch from the automotive sector to mining and there's a lot for me to catch on to. Am currently trying to figure out how a rimpull curve is drawn for a dump truck and what factors need to be looked into the drivetrain. Any direction towards any online articles/ videos or books is much appreciated.

Thank you!

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You must be into engineering to ask that kind of question. I think most here would just refer to the manufacturer's published specifications if the question ever came up in polite conversation.

BIS_RA

That's right John, am working in the engineering team and currently trying to understand the workings of Rimpull for our newunderground truck.

Cmark

You could do worse than looking at the Caterpillar Performance Handbook. Lots of rimpull charts in there.