• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

U S Government Black & White Photos from the '30s about logging,fishing,you name it.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I have had this link for a long time and cannot remember where it got it but just lately have started looking at the pics.I can't stop,there are over 17,000 pics here and pretty good photography too about logging and just about every other subject you can think of.You should see the old single axle logging trucks with sometimes just one log on them because that is all they can carry and those canadian looging sites will be jealous just looking at them,now this is all back in the '30s.Here it is and if you are not retired then don't start because you will be late for work and miss a few days,this is beyond words.
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/fsa/
Have fun and don't blame me.Ron G

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I just typed in Caterpillar in the search window on that U.S. Library of Congress site and spent an hour looking at some cool black and white crawler photos of all makes working in pre and World War II times. Thank you for posting.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Wait until you see the Shasta dam construction pics and you probably have already because there are some D8s or D9s if they had them then in them.If all they had were the farm pics it would be worthwhile to look at.Ron G