• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Twins

blademan150

Occupation
Retired Local 150 Operating Engineer
All I can ask is if you are going that high and wide, baring mechanical problems, why not drive it?

Scrub Puller

Yair . . .

Corners must get REAL interesting! Pretty cool though.

We did this with drill rigs and buildings with short cross country shifts . . . hook a chain between the bull bars and try and keep it tight. If the front of the trucks are tracking the rest seems to follow, it wasn't really that hard.

No tight turns of course. LOL

With all that rubber on the deck--and the weight--I'd imagine those trucks in the photo would stay pretty much in line.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Oxbow

Well I'll be! Seems like the shorter turning radius of th inside truck would make nearly impossible to match with the outside. I suppose with a bit of experience one might feel the bind and be able to adjust.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Oxbow Yes mate, in a situation with gear like in the original photo you can feel the binding.

Not so much with light structures like buildings . . . we used to sit them on a couple of pallets and no chains of course so they had a bit of come and go, and a couple of ground men of course we'd be going prety slow.

Cheers.

TurboBarrier

Always thought that was a photoshopped pic but apparently I was wrong, There has definitely gotta be a little give and take but when there's a while there's a way!