• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tts-14

Aussie Leroy

Has any one on H.E.ever spent much time on a Euclid/TEREX TTS14, and what where they like, also some photos would be good to see. Cheers Leroy

Last edited:

Maurice Muenks

Occupation
Owner of an independant heavy equiptment repair bu
TS 14B GM 4-71 engines 6 speed trans. biggest problem was the front engine needed to be running about 250 RPM faster than the back because of hydraulic pump robbed the hp and made the rear engine push too much. The air shift control for the trans had to be kept in excelent shape especially if hauling long distances and going down steep hills. Not a preaty site when you get to the bottom and the rear trans didn,t shift up to the same gear that the front was in! Best one was one that we conferted to a 6V-71 in the front engine. Made a work horse out of it, with the right operator on it no extra repair if he respected the extra HP.

wnydirtguy

They are good machines IMO. They could use some more power as Maurice stated. We have put deere motors in some of ours. Makes a big difference the little extra torque and power.

Maurice Muenks

Occupation
The 6V-71 came out of a Sullair air compressor with a blown up screw. had to move the front mount but to my best knowage I believe the rear ones were OK.

Aussie Leroy

Thanks Guys, But i Ment the 6 wheel drive TTS 14 i have only seen photo,s of one in england they have 2 bowls, the second bowl has a big goose neck coming out of where the rear fuel would live on the front scraper so the unit has 3 axles, 3 engines, 2bowls, 1 operator. hope all that makes scense, cheer leroy

wnydirtguy

funny you are asking about these. We have one machine that has labels talking about gears and loading the second bowl. I always just thought it was something some one custom made. Now I would also love to see pics or hear from some one who has seen or ran one.

Aussie Leroy

wnydirtguy; I saw a euclid/terex in one off the best threads/video i have even seen the thread is named, Euclid TSS 40, ON THIS H.E.F,Called MURLS Video, By plowman58, if you look at time 9.33-9.55 theres a TTS 14 running,it looks good and this video has the best music ever, Ive watched it 15 times at least. Cheers Leroy

Maurice Muenks

Occupation
Leroy
45-50 years ago I happen to see on on a road job. I was along with my dad, but we didsn't stop to examine it. Also have seen locals using the front after they were uncoupled. If you go to the "photos" thread under scrapers there is a 3 bowler made by Cat. I also remember an artical in a construction magizine that my dad use to get that showed one that LeTournue put together that had I'm going to say 5 but maybe it was 7 with an engine between each bowl. Boy was that thing long! I saved the artical for a long time, then it got lost. That was grade school days. There is also pics around of LeTournue's 210 yd 2 bowl scraper.

D&GExcavating

Terex and euclid used to make a bunch of models of scrapers like that back in the day, all the way up to the TTS-40.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
the terex ts-14 is an amazing machine. runs like hell, fixes easy, costs next to nothing to buy. just a fine scraper. that being said, i will never, EVER run one again. lol

tripper_174

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Trainer
Totally agree with ya qball. The company I last ran these for a hundred years ago took the rear muffler off so we wouldn't shift them with the rear engine at high revs. I can still hear that engine..but not with my ears now..if you get my drift! Next to Cat and scraper one of the nicest trimming machines built in the day.

malcolm

3 pics I found cheers Malcolm

Attachments

• 3514.jpg
    3514.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 2,646
  • 3577.jpg
    3577.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 2,720
  • 3515.jpg
    3515.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 2,963

Aussie Leroy

malcolm; Thats exactly the machine i was talking about how good does that look go TEREX , Thanks malcolm, Cheers Leroy

(Love to try and buy a good unit just like that)

Last edited:

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
When i was a kid i remember getting a Euclid calender, about 66 or 67, that showed a pair of TTS 14s doing a steep block cutting coming down a ridgetop. Same photo also features in Eric Orlemans book. Euclid and Terex earthmovers.
Merv

frusso

More pictures please!!!

Hey guys!!! I'm new here and I'm a model collector!
I need your help to find some pictures to make modifyed models. One of them is the TTS14 Euclid or Terex.
If somebody has any picutre, please, post for me! I'll be very happy to have them!!!
I promisse put pictures after the model becomes already!
Thanks for all!!!