1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Trying to find a cheap way to sift rock with A Cat 950F

Discussion in 'Wheel Loaders' started by BellB25C, Jul 10, 2013.

1. BellB25C

BellB25C Active Member

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to separate the fines from the larger rocks with a Caterpillar 950F with the beales quick coupler. I haven't found much luck finding a sieve bucket and I am going to try to build something out of a few pairs of forks. Can you think of any other ways of separating the material? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

Darryl

2. Bob/Ont

Bob/Ont Senior Member

The best way would be to get a set of forks from a lift truck used to move concrete blocks.
    Later Bob

3. Lindsey97

Lindsey97 Well-Known Member

skeleton bucket made for your wheel loader. look on machinery trader for a used one.

4. norite

norite Senior Member

If you don't need to move around much, just build (or buy) a grizzly screener.

WW-Grizzly-Screener.jpg

5. CRAFT

CRAFT Senior Member

30 yrs Owner/Operator
    I've been intrigued by the company called "Flip- Screen" ……. never seen the bucket work in real life But the video's are sure impressive ….. skid-steers, excavators and the loaders like you have ……. www.flipscreen.net ….. when you open the link the first video they show is exactly your Cat 950 machine …… don't know what they cost but sure looks simple to use.

6. BellB25C

BellB25C Active Member

Those flip screens are pretty interesting, but we're not sure if we want to spend $60000 on one. A grizzly would work, but we are working in a dry place and the dust from lifting the material up that high may cause some environmental concerns.

7. rare ss

rare ss Senior Member

Skelton bucket would be the cheapest way

8. glenlunberg

glenlunberg Senior Member

Supervisor
    That picture is really interesting. I think I should build my own just in case I need it. :D

9. Top Dog

Top Dog Well-Known Member

Rock Quarry Owner
    I have one for sale that I bought, never used it and have 4 screens with it if you are interested, needs to be gone I have shut down the Quarry and no longer need it.