• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Truck left loaded overnight?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
There is a septic company around here with about five rigs pulling tag alongs and backhoes and every single night they unchain and unload and reload and chain every morning. It's trailers but, dang what a huge amount of extra work everyday.

I just can't understand their thinking on that one.:confused: The labor costs alone would eat up any perceived savings over the years, not to mention the added wear and tear on the chains, binders and trailer. It's not like they are demo'ing a house one day and spreading topsoil the next, their installing septic tanks, they already know what they will need the next day...:cool:

gravelwasher

Occupation
mineral mining
We leave our dump trucks loaded over night all the time. If it's going to rain over night or going to be below 35* I make sure they get dumped.

I have seen a lot of contractors drop the landing gear on trailers over night to take some of the weight off the truck, but could see the $$$ if it was forgotten in the morning.

I don't like leaving dump trucks tilled up or leaving trailers loaded with the high winds we get.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums gravelwasher!:drinkup

Dualie

On an empty dump i always lift the box up 6-8" just so water dosent collect in the box and create a mess when i pull out.

I have left 40 tons on the lowbed hooked the the truck for a week once. never hurt a damn thing.