• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Truck Got Wrecked... A question or two...

Stevenbrla

About a week ago I got rear-ended, hard.

My truck is 2000 International 4700, flatbed, that use to carry pallets of product, so I also have a truck mounted forklift on the back.

Like I said, got rear-ended hard. So hard that I got pushed into oncoming traffic, got hit by a couple cars in that lane too.

Questions:
1. Both frame rails look bent at the front bumper. (Got struck in the front side.) It's sitting at the frame shop now. Is there anything I should know when discussing this with the shop? (it just got there today, and they haven't had a chance to look at it, shop manager told me they had a trailer being repaired that happened to be sitting on the "hooks", and it may or may not need to be "hooked", boss will look at it Monday)

2. Need 2 new steer tires. Any recommendations, or tires to avoid? Drive in the rain sometimes, but never in the snow here.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

hvy 1ton

I'm guessing the shop manager is talking about a frame machine. They probably call it the hooks since frame straightening involves lots of very, very strong chains.

Dualie

My advice is Demand reimbursement for loss of use on the other persons insurance. I would avoid any of the low budget import tires.

I have always had my best luck with Michelin's followed by continentals

Wolf

My recommendation is get a good personal injury lawyer and you can collect enough on that front to buy yourself any kind of truck you want. I'm glad the injuries were not more serious, but it sounds like you had a serious accident and can collect a decent personal injury settlement.