• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Truck drifts trailer around corner

.RC.

Did not help there looks to be zero camber on the road for such a tight turn. I have observed that when it comes to government regulations over private business, say workplace safety, government goes batshit crazy and expects business to go above and beyond common sense so that even suicidal people can not possibly hurt themselves, but when it comes to roads those expectations never apply to government.

In that video, the truck driver is mostly at fault, but the road could have been better built and the car driver while not at fault, I think had enough time to go bush.

Old Doug

In that video, the truck driver is mostly at fault, but the road could have been better built and the car driver while not at fault, I think had enough time to go bush.
I haul alot of stuff that is tricky to secure it makes me nervous when some one tail gates me i think why do they give it some room in case something did come lose then i think its my load i secured it i made the chose to haul it i am totally responsable for my truck and trailer . That truck driver was totally responsable if he didnt know that road had never traveled it before he should have slowed down encase he came up to a corner he didnt know about. Worse i bet it wasnt his first time on that road then it in my mind makes him more resposable than ever. I pray that i dont do something stupid and if it happens i will regret this if it does happen but they are way to easy on drivers . You do something out of stupid that changes some ones life forever your life needs to be affected to. Yes some never forget what they have done and it changes them forever but others it wasnt my fault .

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Believe it or not, the truck driver escaped with a $321 fine for not having control of his vehicle.
"Failing to have proper control"... FFS he should've been charged with dangerous driving as a minimum, then maybe cop a plea in court for driving without due care.
That truck driver was totally responsable if he didnt know that road had never traveled it before he should have slowed down encase he came up to a corner he didnt know about.
If he hadn't been on that road before the speed limit sign should have given him a clue how tight the corner was IMO.............

Truck Shop

Nige--I guess all the roads around the world need to be repaired to save society
from it's self, build the roads PC.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Nige--I guess all the roads around the world need to be repaired to save society
from it's self, build the roads PC.
Mike, my point was nothing to do with the design or construction of the road, more that the actions of the truck driver as seen in the dashcam footage should have got him far more than a $300 fine which is no more than a proverbial slap on the wrist.

In the UK the charge would have been "Causing death or serious injury by dangerous driving". Found guilty in a summary court could result in anything up to 12 months in jail, if the case went to a higher court then the sentence could be up to 5 years, or the sentence could be suspended but in that case there would be a fine in the 000's to pay. Coupled with an automatic 2-year driving disqualification, a mandatory re-test before the licence was handed back, and compensation for the victim. I think the truck driver got off very lightly in this case, and apparently so does @Queenslander.

skyking1

I learned a long time ago that those speed limit signs were meant for me the guy behind the truck steering wheel. I can get away with a whole lot with my car, but you better be close to that speed with the truck!
All that goes double or triple when driving the boom truck on airbags. That top heavy bastige will make a believer out of you.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Yep, and taking the corner just a bit slower.

I'm amazed at the car drivers persistence to stay on the road, sure the
y are in the right but it doesn't do you a lot of good if you are paralyzed or dead.

Probably froze with fear and no thought to hit the ditch.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
It looked to me that there was another vehicle following the one hit and that one DID drive off the road to avoid the collision, though he had the luxury of a few more seconds to make that decision.