• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Troubleshoot excavator not tracking straight. Yanmar VIO 50

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Please see attached.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Yanny50 LineLink.pdf
    755.7 KB · Views: 15

Bibendum

Occupation
Millwright
JR,

The way I look at it, if the pressure compensator is capable of being cranked “all the way up” then the pump must be designed to output that pressure / flow. I can’t imagine these pumps were designed for your machine only so the manufacturer has to give the end user the capability to match the pump to your prime mover. If you’re concerned with damaging anything, Id say as long as your system reliefs are set properly I figure that should provide you with the intended protection. You will however see an increase in machine function speed as I did.

The only thing is, if there is a difference in flow between P1 and P2, increasing the pumps set point wouldn’t change your symptoms, you’d just have the same symptoms, but faster. Id say you could correct this by then adjusting the mechanical throw of the travel valve on the higher flow pressure line (choke it off so it restricts flow to the same flow rate as the bypassing pump to the slower travel motor)

Or! You could take the pump off and rip it all apart, find the issue and determine if it can be repaired. Or completely prove me wrong! Then I don’t have to go through all that work myself! Either way, you’ll get her fixed. You’ve no choice at this point! haha

I still haven’t flow tested my pumps, I’m onto building an equipment trailer. It’s on the list though

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day folks
Power regulation of the pumps for your machine appears to be linked, power from the motor is less at low revolutions, some excavation activities require low engine speeds. High levels of pump demands will load the motor, which may result in killing the engine.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
That is a real professional video John I have said it before you have a real skill in making informative information. Back to straight track situation, what is possible if you hook a connection valve up in the line you used for test purpose - activate it with the high speed signal to the motors - this will mean when in high speed you get straight crawling in the forwards direction - you will need to switch down to low speed to have steering in the forwards direction.
Kind regards
Ufffex