• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trojan Loader

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
It's been about 10 years since I ran this loader.
What I remember about it was that it was powered by a Detroit Diesel 8V-71, had rear wheel steering, power shift 3F-3R and felt like I was sitting on a giant Bobcat.

This picture of me loading my transfer dump was taken at the now closed Massey Sand and Rock plant in Garnet Ca. Indian Ave. @ I-10.

:cool:

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2,312

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I ran a model 254 Trojan back in the '60's which would have been about a 1 and 3/4cy machine but it looked identical to yours minus one exhaust pipe.The muffler would have been laying down but shooting straight out the back.It had a 4 cyl Detroit but I do not profess to know whether it was a 53 or 71.I think it was a 71 because it didn't rev like a 53 does.
We traded it in eventually on a Trojan 4000 with a 5cy bucket which had an 8v53 in it..............music!!!;) Ron G

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Thanks Counrtyboy.

Looks like a heavier loader than the one I ran.
I remember that it had more than enough power and speed. The steering was another issue. It would get away from you in a hurry. :eek:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
The site says its a Trojan 304A wheel loader. Thats the only info it offers.

Do you happen to know what model the one you posted was? :confused:

RollOver Pete

Occupation
No...no clue. I wish I could remember. For a rear wheel steer, which means real old....it was in great shape!
:cool:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Heres a nudder one. Was it bigger than this?

Trojan.jpg

dayexco

competitor of my dad's years ago had a twin to the one in the last pic. he always roaded it backwards, said it was a lot safer that way.