1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trojan loader any good

Discussion in 'Wheel Loaders' started by pjdiesel, Jun 7, 2009.

1. pjdiesel

pjdiesel Member

excavation
    looking at a trojan loader 1990 2000z or a 1900z how reliable are they, who bought them out and can you get parts for them.i'm in maine any parts dealers for them in maine ? thanks for any answers.

2. mikey531

mikey531 Well-Known Member

I think there is a dealer in Lewiston that has parts I will check with our parts man tomorrow. We have 2 1900's and we can't kill them. The only problem is brakes.

3. pjdiesel

pjdiesel Member

excavation
    Thanks mikey. do you know were there's any for sale in maine? I looked at 2 2000z one was $16000 with 12000 hrs on it the other was $18500 with 4900 hrs, I don't need one that big just for loam and snow.

4. mikey531

mikey531 Well-Known Member

I haven't looked for any I did find out that Chadwick and Baross used to handle the parts and then they sold everything to Grondin. There several internet sites that have parts too. The 1900 would great for loam and snow.

5. mikef87

mikef87 Senior Member

owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
    Casey and Dupuis in Watertown, MA and Brentwood, NH still sell parts. There WAS a 2000Z on Machinery Trader in Berwick, Maine. I have a 1500Z, 1900Z, and a 3500Z. Great machines the 1900 has 10,700 hours still fires up better than my other new Cat loaders in the snow. Never jump started it, had it die or not start during a cold winter storm.

6. pjdiesel

pjdiesel Member

excavation
    I looked at the one at southern maine equipment (maybe berwick) it has forks and bucket with 4900 hours on it thats the one for $18500. I sat in it and the visibilty is great, someone said the heaters aren't very good because of air cooled engine?

7. BKrois

BKrois Charter Member

Multi purpose
    My friend has a 1900Z with a Duetz air-cooled motor. We were unloading a screener with it in warmer weather and the motor never got hot. It has some pep though, it'll spin the tires. I'd consider buying one myself if i needed a loader, they're stable machines, easy to operate.

The only downside as someone mentioned is brakes, my friend spent a good fortune to do the front brakes. All the parts are tiffany prices, even with aftermarket componenets.

8. B&T

B&T New Member

We have a trojan 3000 thought it was great..but having problems with the steering..had to put in new valve body..but still didn't work steering locked up..

9. pinesd3400

pinesd3400 Well-Known Member

anything to bay the bills
    Mine is a 124 IH gas job. Its been very good to me over the years, However I have
    been searching for a service manual for years and it is like they never existed, and
    the plate on the side , cant remember the name but the dealer was in Needham
    Mass. 1964 still has no leaks. sam

10. drag1line

drag1line Well-Known Member

11. coolcatman1

coolcatman1 Active Member

pics pics pics

12. CatManDoes

CatManDoes Well-Known Member

Heavy equipment mechanic
    hi

Thanks for the information...:)

13. sandman396

sandman396 New Member

1989 Trojan 1900z front loader (((HELP)))

Hello any and everybody!!! I really need some help. I have a 1989 trojan 1900z that in need all the gauges for. There's a total of 6. I'v been looking,but seem to alway get the run around! There all 24 volts. Sure would like some help. Mike

14. cummins05

cummins05 Senior Member

Isspro gauges build gages for alot of stuff check then out on the net might not be OEM but they probably will have some that work

15. fendtman

fendtman Well-Known Member

why are the brakes that pricey to fix, what is the normal problem iwth them.

16. atgreene

atgreene Senior Member

I'm looking at a 1986 1500Z that needs new heads. Are heads still available? I'm not worried about fixing anything as long as parts are out there.