• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

trojan 164a

chrisdvorak

I just purchased an old trojan 164-a rear wheel steer loader with a 2 cycle detroit diesel in it. when I got it home and unloaded it off the trailer it ran fine until I parked it (about 30 mins) I was checking it over and smelled gas in the fuel tank? my question is will it damage the engine to keep running it on the rest of the gas thats in the tank and then put fresh diesel in?

-thanks

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I am surprised it ran that long. Drain it and pull filters and install new ones. Pre fill the filters before before you install them.
Good luck.

chrisdvorak

Me too! Not only did it run that long but the place I got it from had it running all day the day before I picked it up! Maybe someone just put a few gallons of gas in and it mixed?