• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trojan 114 trouble shifting into high range

Bk892

I recently purchased a 1970 trojan 114 with backhoe attachment. I can get it to run 1st and 2nd in low range but can't get anything in high range this is my first loader so I'm learning a lot any help would be greatly appreciated. I also have to work on brakes as it has none any idea where I can find parts.

Bk892

I'm in southwick ma right on the ct border. And I ordered a manual just waiting for it to come in. Now I was looking on minnpar.com and was having some trouble finding 114 parts. Is that because O&K took over and had different model numbers? Now I read in a post from you that you were having trouble with brakes what was your problem? I'm having trouble as I have no brakes at all plus the guy I bought it from snipped the lines going to the to rear brakes I don't know where to start any ideas?

Mike Van

When you get your book it'll have part #'s in it. When you figure out what you need, call Minnpar on the phone, the guy there helped me out fine. I needed some seals to stop a few oil leaks on mine, steering motor, dropbox, etc. A few he had on the shelf, a few he "spec-ed out" and found them somewhere. Very reasonable prices too. My brakes worked, just the master cylinder leaked all over the floor of the cab. If you read that thread, it'll tell where I got a kit & fixed it. Theres probably a reason the guy cut those lines on yours, like blown out wheel cylinders, etc. Once you get the book, it's easier to see what goes where. Up under the floor is a hydrovac that has to be bled too, two fittings on it.

Bk892

Alright cool thanks. I'll call if I need anything which I'm sure I will. By any chance would you know how to take the gas tank out mine is leaking but can't see where from I figure if I could remove it I could patch it up. Right now I have a 14 gal portable tank strapped to the side of the cab right above the main pivot point for the lifting arm. Like I said it would be nice to actually use the main tank but it's leaking.

Mike Van

I'm pretty sure the cab & nose have to come off, that tank is "made to fit" Not as big a job as it sounds, as these old machines as so easy to work on, compared to the new stuff. The floor in mine was pretty rusty, I replaced it two years ago, no metrics, no emissions, no computer chips - I do like this old machine. Southwick is only an hour from me, you ever want to take a ride -

Bk892

Yeah I rewired the ignition switch because you have to jump the starter in the back kind of annoying to get in and out of the cab. But yeah rewired that and a defroster and heater for the cab, very important for plowing. Yeah kent ain't a bad ride I work in that area sometimes. Have you ever heard of a backhoe attachment for these machines? I have one I'll tell ya makes the tractor about 40ft at that point kinda hard to maneuver in the woods.