• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trenching rates

roysbigtoys

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I recently bought a nice Case 660 Backhoe/trencher and I really want to know what are the going rates for a machine like this.
Is hourly rate of $100-120/hr in the ballpark? I think a lot of work is being done by the foot, but that also varies with the width of cut, depth and soil conditions. Any ideas on 6" cut and 36" deep in clay?

Thanks

farmboy555

Occupation
Owner Operator
It will mostly depended on your market and the quality of work

wrc

Well a friend of mine just sold a 760 with no backhoe. A 6" trench 42" deep we would lay about 5 foot a minute. That was in clay around topeka ks. We got $1.25 to $1.50/ ft. Take that for what it's worth were not far from you.

farmboy555

Occupation
Owner Operator
I sold my trencher Attachment To rocky in my area. For that reason I never know how fast I can dig
In running a 3 & 6 ton excavator’s
I get $85 hr for the 3 ton usually with a 12” bucket or $3.00 ft to dig install water line and backfill. Excluding any extra for removing large rocks