• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trench box for small residential work.

nedly05

What do you guys use for a trench box in small residential work? Are there small boxes that can be used for small jobs, and handled by small equipment? I did a google search but dont come up with much but the great big boxes used on big pipe jobs.If there is such a box, what do they cost? Thanks!

D5G

nedly, this is the smallest trench box I have seen. I believe it was a GME. No idea on price...it doesn't look real comfortable at this width (as you can see in the pic, it fits under a semi trailer) But I know they had bigger spacers on site for it. Good luck finding one.

Attachments

• P7080161.jpg
    P7080161.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4,204

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Last edited:

D155

Occupation
Rental Agent
Look at that GME link. Dealer I work for has all sorts of different size boxes. Big and small. Think we have from 6x8 aluminum up to 8x20 steel.

RobVG

Occupation
17 excavators and a stewpot of other stuff
Our guys use aluminum hydraulic shoring and marine plywood panels. The system easily fits in a pick up.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
i think you can still use 3/4" exterior plywood for trench shoring, usually we just dig a ditch with a more gentle slope.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
What depth are you working at?

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
Some boxes n shoaring equipment we use.

Attachments

• Picture 313.jpg
    Picture 313.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 3,360
  • Picture 299.jpg
    Picture 299.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 3,830

danhoe

Call Protech in Taylor, Michigan they have some small boxes in the rental fleet they are looking to sell. The last small box I rented showed up in a pick up, it was alum. We were in downtown Detroit, I put it together put in the hole and buried it so no one would steal it over night, dug out the repair took the box out. When I dug for my dad I pulled a 30' long x 8' tall, we had 13' spreaders for it down to 6', that was heavy. Dan

Iron Lot

Occupation
Equipment Sales
Iron Lot has several options available for residential work, utility and spot repairs. We offer a full line of aluminum trench boxes for sale. We also have some lightweight steel trench boxes for sale that a backhoe or mini-excavator can pickup. For example the 7.5 x 8 steel box only weighs 1,400 lbs. Call direct at 336-516-8011 Aluminum Shoring Kundel V-Panel (191x250).jpgAluminum Trench  Shield, TuffGuy.jpgAluminum Trench Shield Kundel ShoreLite Lite.jpgAluminum Trench Shield, ShoreLite.jpgtrench shield (2).jpg

wrc

them are some good looking boxes iron lot. I have pondered the same idea many times. I need some speed shores or a small box my self.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Ironlot.

Take a moment to read the Forum Rules, specifically this section -

Advertising of goods and services are not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may start one introductory thread explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

Special Note: Vendors of goods or services, or their representatives, who join the forums and make no worthwhile contributions other than to post multiple links to said goods and services are considered spammers. Spammers will have their posts removed, and their membership terminated with extreme prejudice.

Your post is your "freebie", feel free to discuss your product in this thread only. If you would like to be a Forum sponsor, feel free to use the "Contact Us" link on the main forum page.