• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TraverseLift 6035 question

Plan B

Occupation
field technician
Ok lets see if yall can tell me what the deal is on this thing. All hydraulics work properly except the tilt. Heres the deal it has an 8 to 10 second hesitation when switching from lift to lower or vise versa but when you get it to travel say up you can pull handle up and it reacts instantly and does the same thing going down.. Im thinking its the spool sticking but im not sure which one it is....so what do yall think and if it is a spool sticking or bypassing which one is it?? If anyone knows or has a schematic on this machine to tell me which valve it is...if thats the problem...please let me know.

Thanks!!

Plan B

Occupation
field technician
In case anyone is interested i broke a pilot line loose on one of the valve spools to see if it was the right one and it was. I noticed the lines would pressure up everytime i worked the control but it was still hesitating when moving the forks. So i traced the lines to the back of the machine and found them going through a self-leveling cylinder. I boomed it all the way up and function worked properly but when i boomed it down there was the hesitation. I determined that the self-leveling cylinder was bad, so i removed it. I went to load it into a truck when i pulled the rod out of the cylinder ..turns out the piston broke off!! So im pretty sure that is the reason for the hesitation in the tilt. FYI.

barklee

In case anyone is interested i broke a pilot line loose on one of the valve spools to see if it was the right one and it was. I noticed the lines would pressure up everytime i worked the control but it was still hesitating when moving the forks. So i traced the lines to the back of the machine and found them going through a self-leveling cylinder. I boomed it all the way up and function worked properly but when i boomed it down there was the hesitation. I determined that the self-leveling cylinder was bad, so i removed it. I went to load it into a truck when i pulled the rod out of the cylinder ..turns out the piston broke off!! So im pretty sure that is the reason for the hesitation in the tilt. FYI.

I am interested....... but i have no clue about a Traverse Lift. Its funny i was going to mention something about this. I had a manlift do the same thing and it turned out to be the level cylinder. I am glad you solved the problem. Thats a satisfying feeling if there ever was one:D