• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Transporting trailer with inoperative brakes.

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
I sure hope for our sake you do have time some day, it would be great to see them. Thanks for the stories too.That's the beast (er....mini-beast), except mine has the arms on the outside of the track and manual angle. I learned I have to mark the arms before pounding out the wedges (pins) for tilt before I tilt it. I didn't the first time and had a heck of a time getting it back to cutting level, as I couldn't tell what level was without something flat for the whole dozer to sit on and then measure the blade from the ground. What a pain.:BangheadThanks! That's the beast I'm most curious about. I saw one out Dayexco's way, and always wondered about it. What did the article say about them? Sound like they were any good?

I'm also curious about another Dodge an older trucker friend told me about. He said it was called a "Big Horn" and suposedly had a humongous hood with a dodge ram for a hood grab handle. I've never seen one in person, but wouldn't mind.I haven't had the opportunity to try any of those "air disc" out yet. They're pretty good then?

Jeff, I was mistakingly calling the conventional Dodge a "Ram", but he's right, it is a Big Horn. You never saw one? I'll get you a picture, I promise. I have to do a little digging here, but it's in my pile. They were awesome looking with a big glass hood.

The old cabin-overs were just a square box with a steering wheel... your basic TRUCK of the day, like a GMC crackerbox. Not exactly your 379X, if you know what I mean...:cool2

This picture I promised you may take a few days, only because I just got my orders, headed to Brooklyn,NY with an oversized load Wednesday morning, so I'd better get my beauty rest. Wanna take my place?:laugh

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
:eek: Man, them hoods do go on for a country mile. Hate to be looking in the rear view at that coming for ya. :cool:

Jeff D.

LowBoy said:
I just got my orders, headed to Brooklyn,NY with an oversized load Wednesday morning, so I'd better get my beauty rest. Wanna take my place?:laugh
Dang, you're fast, or did you find someone else to take your place?;)

I know I wasn't gonna take the offer. I'm doing my best to stay west of the Mississippi anymore.:yup
No sense in me adding to that, Jeff...Steve delivered quicker than I...:notworthy
Thanks for the offer though.:thumbsup

I do appreciate it.