• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Transport Trailers....cedar rapids Iowa

ROBSREDFORD

I just traded for a 50 or 55 ton detach...original owner... Manufacturer is listed as Transport Trailers....googled them ...didn't find anything.....called the guy that sold it new to the guy I bought it from and he thinks they were bought out in nineties by another trailer builder..trailer is in very good shape...has two position kingpin etc.....would like to know more about it and also arts availability....thanks in advance....btw 1988 or 89 year model

Fastdirt

Last year I bought a detach and while searching I too ran into that problem. I found a few potential trailers that the original manufacturer sold out. Sometimes the new companies would keep records. I was surprised at the record keeping some trailer companies have. By giving the serial number they could sometimes tell you the specs. Luckily the brakes and axles are universal. Not having parts available isn't that big of a deal on a trailer. I would think the hyd. system could be fairly easily replaced with universal parts if they failed. Good luck.

Glad you joined Rob. I've talked with you a few times about tuning my Cat motor. Unfortunately the truck has been in the shop since last year and I haven't been able to follow through on that part of it. I hope you're still available for the Cat stuff.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
rob I think carolina tractor sold them new earnhardt had on they sold it to larry griffin the landfill guy with that blue 359 it didn't have any out rigger's . and floyd king had one that he traded to LB Smith I bought it from ron vincent I don't know where it ended up after I left dad . Who's did you buy? didn't Mcwhirter have one is that it ?