• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TrailKing vs Aspen?

NorthWest

We are thinking of purchasing a 55 Ton lowboy. We are looking at the Trail King or Aspen. Seem to be priced about the same. Which trailer would everyone recommend? Pros and cons of each would be appreciated. Thanks

Oxbow

I think that they are both excellent trailers, but have no personal experience with the Trailking. I own a 1996 50 ton Aspen though, and it has been excellent. I think that Aspens are not as common once you get away from the Northwest and Western Canada, and are not as well known, but they are an excellent trailer.

still learn'n

We have a TK110 trail king and I really like it but don't have a lot of experience in others either we had a ground bearing Fontaine before this and its a huge improvement I think we have had ours for 6 yrs with no problems yet!

Oxbow

Aspens made in the era of mine (1996) are known to be heavy, but also known not to break, and able to endure sub-zero temperatures. Mine (three axle 50 ton) weighs about 22K.