• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trailer slide-outs

Deerehauler

My trailer is a Muv-All. The slide-outs are set up so that the first slide-out determines how far out the rest will go. When you are sliding them out, you start at the front and work your way back. When sliding them in, start at the back and work your way forward. A friend pulls a Landoll detach, and his slides are all independent of each other. He will pull out the slides required to load and after the equipment is chained down, he will slide the unused slides back in. He believes it is illegal to run any slide-outs in the out position unless they are being used to support the load. I do not agree--I figure if someone is going to hit me while I am carrying an oversize load, the slide-outs really wouldn't matter.

So, what do those of you who run slide-outs do?

Attachments

• Carl's phone pics1 048.jpg
    Carl's phone pics1 048.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 687