• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trailer repair question.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
I am looking at buying this 24 foot deck trailer. The seller says he can't locate wheel parts so it might need axles replaced.

He says "if anyone knows where I can get two 15" hubs for the trailer please let me know. They are spoke hubs cast number 953 or 826 made by Erie. Gunite made a hub also and it's number was TW242K. The hub's bearing combination is outer 643 and inner 749". I have no idea on it..

I am looking for a 25 or so ton rated trailer. I want to pull a cat 320 on it.. Is this a good deck for that size machine, I have not bought the hoe so I am not sure what I should focus on trailer wise. I currently have a 20 ton eager beaver pintle pull trailer so I need something stronger.. Would this trailer qualify. If it needs new axles what should I buy. I saw a tandem set of axles off a tractor for sale and was thinking maybe something taken off a truck might work.

What do you guys think? Price as it sits is $3500

Attachments

• trailer-1.jpg
    trailer-1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 71
  • trailer-2.jpg
    trailer-2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 73