• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trailer for d6r

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
As of my last count... about 10 minutes ago... HEF had 5,629 registered members. We live in all parts of the world... we are all individuals... all with
different dispositions... differing opinions, languages, politics, levels of education, knowledge... young and old... you name it.

The one thing we do have in common... all of us... we belong to HEF.

I don't want this to come off as sounding corny or patronizing, and to tell the
truth, I really have no idea of the inner workings or behind the scenes stuff
it takes to run a site like this.

There are always times when some, my self included, will push on the edge of
the envelope... this is human nature... and it's to be expected... but I've seen very little rudeness or disrespect from the members... and especially so, from the people who run this forum... takes good " people skills ".

I just wanted you to know this, and it's my opinion only... I'm sure a lot would agree though.

So... thank you.

OCR

Probably in the wrong thread... ;)

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate feedback like this, good and bad, because it lets us know how we are doing with the site. We strive to give yall the best experience possible.

Yall, the members are the ones who make this place what it is though. Without yall, there would just be the staff, trying to out-moderate each other. We would just be sitting here playing "Moderator Roulette" with the ban buttons. Before you know it, all the staff would be banned and there wouldn't be anybody left. :D

So, back to the topic....What are Conservation Plates?

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Bite the hand.....

I see... try and give the Mods a little complment... and you get made fun of... :p... ;)

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate feedback like this, good and bad, because it lets us know how we are doing with the site. We strive to give yall the best experience possible.

Seriously though... you do a good job of keeping things civil here... :thumbsup

OCR

I thought that post would let me get away with more stuff. ... :lmao

Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
I see... try and give the Mods a little complment... and you get made fun of... :p... ;)

Naw, it was actually a serious question. Us Mods aren't born with the infinite wisdom some believe we have. We do have to ask questions sometimes. :D

I thought I could get away with more with that first post. ... :lmao

Finally, the truth comes out... :nono :drinkup

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Hijacked!!!

Finally, the truth comes out... :nono :drinkup

I knew it, I knew it... I should never have given my user name and password

to that "so called friend of mine"... :eek:

The real... OCR... :lmao... :lmao

Now back to " Trailer for d62 "

What are conservation plates?

Last edited:

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Um,,, I would say go for folding gooseneck, but you kinda need a winch on the truck, otherwise just a stepdeck with ladders works just fine. Just my .02 cents worth.

Chaz Murray

Um,,, I would say go for folding gooseneck, but you kinda need a winch on the truck, otherwise just a stepdeck with ladders works just fine. Just my .02 cents worth.

Just for my own curiosity why a folding gooseneck vs. a hydro or mechanical detach?

d6peg

Occupation
owner, operator

Here in Texas conservation plates are issued through the county, but only 1 plate per contractor. So if you have 2 trucks on one then you are SOL on the other truck. Conservation plates allow you to go over-width and over-height but not over weight. That way you dont have to buy any permits. You have to be registered with the NRCS (national resouce conservation service).

Countryboy

Occupation
Here in Texas conservation plates are issued through the county, but only 1 plate per contractor. So if you have 2 trucks on one then you are SOL on the other truck. Conservation plates allow you to go over-width and over-height but not over weight. That way you dont have to buy any permits. You have to be registered with the NRCS (national resouce conservation service).

I'm following you now. Thanks for the clarification. :)

D4E SA

The Murray easy load would be the best for a D6.There not the cheapest just the best.I have 13 murray trailers.We load everything we can over the back from skidsteers to 115,00 pound machines. I havnt had any problems with cracks in the trailer.The detachable gooseneck is good for certain conditions or loads.The wide gooseneck the Murray has is a lot safer than the narrow necks the other trailers have.The resale value is better also.The problem with a hyd tail is,you cant always unload on even ground, with a dove it does not really matter.We work the fire departments so the unloading conditions arent always the best.Just my two cents.Buy a Murray Problem solved.

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums D4E SA! :drinkup

hvy 1ton

Have a feeling that bellboy suggested a folding neck trailer because it's what he is used to. I wouldn't use a folding neck for anything but oilfield work. Folding neck trailers are normally on the heavy side, the winch on the truck eats up more payload, and the trailer is pretty useless if your winch truck goes down. Plus, you're shoving the plate into the mud or whatever else every time you fold it.
The military uses folding neck lowboys, and it makes a lot of since. Their heavy prime movers all have winches, the extra strength and weight is a plus for the application. And, It's not like the dot is gonna pull em over, I mean they're built overwidth from the get-go.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Have a feeling that bellboy suggested a folding neck trailer because it's what he is used to. I wouldn't use a folding neck for anything but oilfield work. Folding neck trailers are normally on the heavy side, the winch on the truck eats up more payload, and the trailer is pretty useless if your winch truck goes down. Plus, you're shoving the plate into the mud or whatever else every time you fold it.
The military uses folding neck lowboys, and it makes a lot of since. Their heavy prime movers all have winches, the extra strength and weight is a plus for the application. And, It's not like the dot is gonna pull em over, I mean they're built overwidth from the get-go.

U kinda right. i can only suggest those two as they are the onlt ones i know. I have NO idea how mechanical & hydraulic detach work!

Chaz Murray

U kinda right. i can only suggest those two as they are the onlt ones i know. I have NO idea how mechanical & hydraulic detach work!

There is a video on the front page of our web site, www.murraytrailer.com of a mechanical neck detaching. or search on you tube for Murray Trailer and there is one on there also. A hydraulic neck trailer works kinda the same way but instead of having to pull the truck out from under the trailer to get the deck to set on the ground. Hydraulic rams in the neck would lower the deck to the ground then you would just pull away with the neck still on the truck.

catskinner 10

Occupation
Retired Operator/Master Mechanic 55Yr Member IUOE

I personaly like the 50 Ton LoadKing that I have.
It's folding gooseneck is Hyd powered from an on board set-up or from a wet kit on the truck.
It's also 102 wide, and with a leg on each side,and control valve you can level up the trailer on uneven ground.

TGP

38yr member IUOE 520

RKO

Folding Neck trailer

I'm just the opposite, I would not own a detach trailer. I have had two and now have two Hyd. Folding neck trailers and would not own anything else. First they are not any heavier than a detach. I know I weighted them both. Second you can use them on any truck you want. Next the truck is not tied up while you are loading , the truck can go do some thing else while you are loading. also You can load some thing on the neck on a folding neck trailer. I usually haul my S10 Blazer or fuel trailer on the neck. The necks on a folding neck trailer are the same width as the trailer most detach are just 38 inches wide and are not able to haul anything. No weight or stress is put on truck while loading of hitching truck up. I have never had a problem raising the trailers with the feet. Last. the neck gives you a good ramp. My trailers ramps/neck raise about 16 inches in 15 feet. That is a little over 1 inch raise per foot. Most detach ramps raise 18 inches in 2 feet. Try to pull something dead up that???

Last edited: