• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trailer axle

DIYDAVE

Finally getting around to fixing a trailer, that busted an axle, early this summer. 2 axle trailer, drop axles, with equalizer, the new axle was ordered, now that I gots the old one out, it measures a little narrower, from spring saddle hole, to hole, on other side. Was thinkin (I know, I know, that's dangerous!) of just takin a unibit, and poppin the holes an eighth of an inch bigger, to make assembly easier. Its an old trailer, that don't get a whole lot of use, what do y'all think?;)

petepilot

Finally getting around to fixing a trailer, that busted an axle, early this summer. 2 axle trailer, drop axles, with equalizer, the new axle was ordered, now that I gots the old one out, it measures a little narrower, from spring saddle hole, to hole, on other side. Was thinkin (I know, I know, that's dangerous!) of just takin a unibit, and poppin the holes an eighth of an inch bigger, to make assembly easier. Its an old trailer, that don't get a whole lot of use, what do y'all think?;)
no reason it won`t work provided you have enough metal to work with