• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tracking problems CAT 320BL

will

Occupation
Farmer for 19 years
Hi All

I have a 2000 model 320BL that has been a good machine. The last few times i have operated it, when walking it, the speed of the machine will just slow down on its own, and if i keep walking it the engine will slow down. Everything else on the machine works fine. This is in the fast speed, but its also slower than normal on slow speed. I have reached behind the armrest and changed over to manual and it works fine speed wise. Any ideas? Thanks.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to the forum will. :usa

Probably the pressure switches on the main hyd control valve. There's two of them, one for hi drive/throttle, the other for swing I think, something like that. Had a 320B L do the same thing. Replaced both pressure switches, problem gone. They're located next to each other on the front of the control valve, near the center of the valve. ;)

will

Occupation
Farmer for 19 years
Thanks. I was thinking it should be a simple fix since it worked fine in manual.