• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tracking a dead jcb js150

KRMOTO

Hi guys, I have bought a dead js150 with a main pump problem, we need to get the tracks working somehow to move and load it, there are two 1"bsp hyd pipes on each drive motor plus 2 smaller pipes, if we get some oil delivery connected direct to the motors it should move but not sure what kind of pressure and flo will be needed, any info would be great.

Slidey

Occupation
HD fitter
From my rather limited knowledge one of the smaller pipes is the case drain and the other is the park brake.

The case drain should be the top most hose and I would assume would be larger than the park brake one. You will need to supply oil to the park brake to release it.

Are you going to drag it or were you planning on trying to have it track using hydraulic pressure? If you are going to drag it another option is to remove the final drive cover and take out the primary shaft, then replace the cover and refill with oil

KRMOTO

It would be much easier if i could track it on hydraulics to load it and get it to it's final destination as it will be used for some spare parts for my JS200, I was thinking about using my bobcat T200 Hi Flo and connecting up direct to the drive motors with a couple of ball valves to steer it, or maybe it's poss to connect to the js pump lines and drive as normal, by the way the engine runs ok. many thanks.

BSAA65LB

Occupation
Retired!
Ball valves, another machine for power? Sounds to me more like an accident waiting to happen :eek:

If you an tow it a short distance, you can remove the outer cover of the final drives and remove the sun gear. Now the unit can be towed a short distance like onto a trailer so it can go for a ride

millercross3

Occupation
Traditional Farm/Ranching...Trucking/Construction
If that don't work...start parting bit by bit.. load...haul...repeat many times..heck, this way the important parts could be stored inside and half the battle is over already. Just a couple cents worth.