• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Track Loaders digging basements

wosama931b

Occupation
Real Estate Broker/ Ret.
Hello DMiller, you have a great vew from the site, and a good view from the walkout basement, that's a great spot you have. Sam.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Thanks Sam, that was the selling point moment when we bought the place. Great breezes on the top of the hill, suspect will be some spectacular light shows during thunderstorms and probably some evil snowfalls but all worth it. Pics are deceiving, wall height is 9' pour, will be 8'4" from finished floor to bottom of joists.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
From what I can see the porch footing should be fine it looks like it's on good compacted ground. Although I do think your walls are not tall enough if you finish the basement your ductwork and pipes will be too low. try to figure out how to add 2 feet to the top of those walls.

I have had to finish many basements later and the dropped chases really killed the rooms.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Basement should be fine, using I-joist engineered floor joist, run from front porch to walkout wall one piece, ducting is set to run between them for the most part. 10 feet of the front porch wall side is slated for mechanical stuff, full width of basement so any low hanging ducting will not be in the way. 8' 4" from finish floor to bottom of joists, I-beam w8/28 at rough center of basement across long distance, posts inside finished walls. Actual plan is on Familyhomeplans.com #86527 if anyone is interested, some slight mods but base plan stays pretty close. This shows height a little better, guy in the back is 5'7":
DSC01280.JPG

Dickjr.

Looks good to me , congrats to any guy able to build a new home ( with legally made money ).