• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Track Hoe Thief dies!

thebaz

He drove the excavator a few hundred meters away while they were having lunch???
Good plan. This will probably get a Darwin award.

jimrr

Occupation
marine engineer/ at sea
you'd think he had a truck waiting for the 'get away' vehicle otherwise what would he do with it unless he was joy riding, er..... digging.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
ya know i hate a thief as much as the next guy, but i don't think he needed to loose his life over it... rip thief...

3rdGenDslWrench

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic/ Truck Mechanic/Aut
What did mom and dad always tell you when you were a kid??? "IF IT AINT YOURS, LEAVE IT THE HE!! ALONE"

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
ya know i hate a thief as much as the next guy, but i don't think he needed to loose his life over it... rip thief...

I agree 100%, I don't wish death on the guy, I just found it an interesting story. It would have been funny if he didn't die. I wonder what he would have said if the guys came back and found him alive in the stuck machine, lol.

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
I agree 100%, I don't wish death on the guy, I just found it an interesting story. It would have been funny if he didn't die. I wonder what he would have said if the guys came back and found him alive in the stuck machine, lol.

If it was my machine, he would find it hard to communicate with so many missing teeth. (Wipes off baseball bat and sits back down...)
;-)

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Well a thief cost you money any time he steals.The law does nothing.Insurance company depreciates it down so much.Sometimes they will destroy machines on the job sit just for fun.So if I ever catch one he better commit suicide real quick. Do like the Indians used to do.Have a little fun.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
If it was my machine, he would find it hard to communicate with so many missing teeth. (Wipes off baseball bat and sits back down...)
;-)

I have no use for thieves, either. I just meant it would be funny what excuse he would cook up if he was caught in the act. If the guy didn't die it would have been one of those "stupid criminals" stories you read in the papers, like guys leaving their wallet at the scene, or falling asleep in the getaway car.

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
He expected nobody to notice the tracks marks and where they led to?
I am no scientist but i think i would follow those tracks rite up to that guys shed, unless he had a trailer waiting for him down the road... but based on what i seen i dont think he was smart enough for that