• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Towmotor forklift

Relic

Hi, I got this towmotor gifted to me, all i had to do was get it running, which it now does.

two issues though, no brakes to speak of ( which isn't a big deal), and the orbitrol is hooped. there must be a way to rebuild these things to get back to the nice power steering that they must have had from new. the machine has good oil pressure, transmission seems to work good, mast is in good shape, so it's probably worth putting a little more work into I'm thinking. any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
Bob

serial numbers E62528 PD63 TOW
C4 680F

this is basically the way they are laid out looking at the front of chassis below the windshield and behind the mast. motor is a continental 6 cylinder. my understanding it's an ex-railway unit.IMG_0101.jpg IMG_0878.jpg