• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Towable Boom Lift from China

josephny

Does anyone have any experience (or opinion) on buying a towable 60' electric boom lift through Alibaba?

It can be delivered to me (not to a port) for $32k.

I'm 4th generation US born, plenty patriotic, and fully unhappy with the economy, so please let's leave those issues aside for now.

Thank you!

Delmer

What does a ten year old used genie sell for? or do you need a new one? I'd bet a used genie would be less cost to own over the next ten years than the alibaba one if you sell them both in ten years. Less hassle to. I've used alibaba, no problem there. No problem with harbor freight etc. This isn't something I'd want to risk.

Second question, are you going up in this, or sending your wife? how's both of your life insurance? If you're going up, and have lots of insurance, is she hot:D

josephny

What does a ten year old used genie sell for? or do you need a new one? I'd bet a used genie would be less cost to own over the next ten years than the alibaba one if you sell them both in ten years. Less hassle to. I've used alibaba, no problem there. No problem with harbor freight etc. This isn't something I'd want to risk.

Second question, are you going up in this, or sending your wife? how's both of your life insurance? If you're going up, and have lots of insurance, is she hot:D

LOL!

Point taken -- there is plenty of risk being 50' above ground.

I have repeatedly looked at the auctions for a used machine and not found something I like.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
I know Chinese quality isn't as bad as it used to be but I'd be a little sketched out being up in the air in something coming from a country where quality control is still hit or miss.

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
Pretty much all the parts are made in China these days anyway. And it's most likely a copy of a lift that was designed and built in America anyway, right? I'll have to take a peak at one.

If you're buying used, avoid the Genie TMZ34/19