• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tooth cover

BLconst

Anyone ever seen or used on of these? look like a v shaped cover for the teeth. I wanna build one about 30" wide to go over the 24" bucket for grading. out of heavier gauge of course.

IMG00027-20101004-1254.jpg

packratc

Yep, saw one last week at a metal scrap yard where I recently bought an aftermarket Case 12" bucket. It looked factory made.

Glen1978

Yeah we use them on the rental machines at the rig. We are digging out oil base drilling mud cuttings from an open top tank and have to either have those or weld on a piece of flat bar to keep from ripping the tanks up.

580bruce

I have a four footer for my 580k,its made out of an unused grader bit.Ihold it on with two chainbinders and a chain around the backside of the bucket.

Jim Dandy

I took some left over cutting edge from a skid steer bucket and welded 2 old bucket teeth to it and then take the 2 good end teeth off my bucket and slip the cutting edge with the 2 old teeth over the shanks and drive the keepers back in. Installs very easily and have used this setup alot and so far no problems.

Digga Dave

Occupation
Senior operator - Local Government
We do it all the time. Weld a section of straight steel plate or old cutting edge to the teeth.
Use mainly for service/utility location and in softer ground for a clean trench and floor.
Half of my buckets have "blades" made up and ready to be fitted in place of straight teeth.