• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

colson04

After about 2 gallons of gas run through the Farmertec G660 saw in the past week, I am going to have to make some upgrades. The oil pump struggles to put out enough oil for a 32" bar, and the chain tensioner doesn't feel right and doesn't seem to hold tension on on the chain very well. Reading around about other guys struggles, most have upgraded their clone saw to the factory Stihl oil pump and chain tensioner. I'll be ordering a Stihl replacements this week.

Flat Thunder Channel

I finally bought a small little Honda generator. I recently leased a new storage facility and it does not have power available. I have the option to connect to the grid, but I suspect it would cost around $45 a month just to operate a few light bulbs on occasion. I decided a small quiet operating gen set was a better option.

So far I'm super impressed! It's a used unit and it started on the second pull straight out of the box. It made it's way across the country be bopping around in a UPS box and the fact it started so easily was a surprise. It's light weight and super quiet. It came with a custom fitted Tele-Light halogen light attachment and I consider it my tiny light plant. It seems like a simple idea to attach a light directly to the generator, but it makes it really convenient. This eliminates the need to carry around extra lights and cords.

PXL_20220515_132212165.jpg PXL_20220515_132209674.jpg PXL_20220515_132226404.jpg PXL_20220515_132203740.jpg

colson04

I finally bought a small little Honda generator. I recently leased a new storage facility and it does not have power available. I have the option to connect to the grid, but I suspect it would cost around $45 a month just to operate a few light bulbs on occasion. I decided a small quiet operating gen set was a better option.

So far I'm super impressed! It's a used unit and it started on the second pull straight out of the box. It made it's way across the country be bopping around in a UPS box and the fact it started so easily was a surprise. It's light weight and super quiet. It came with a custom fitted Tele-Light halogen light attachment and I consider it my tiny light plant. It seems like a simple idea to attach a light directly to the generator, but it makes it really convenient. This eliminates the need to carry around extra lights and cords.

View attachment 259419 View attachment 259418 View attachment 259416 View attachment 259417

My wife's family has an off grid cabin in northern Michigan that we pack in a 2000w inverter generator everytime we go up there. Those things are super impressive. Quiet, fuel efficient, and lightweight are what come to mind. We'll be up there a week or so and maybe put 5 to 10 gallons through, running a standard refrigerator and some lights. I've been wanting to pick one up for myself, but haven't had a good excuse to get one.

On a side note, I've always thought Honda makes the worlds easiest starting small engines. My grandpa has 2 hard hose irrigation traveler's that are wound up by 5hp Hondas. They sit from August until May or June. Then its fresh fuel, 2 or 3 pulls, and away they go. Then they run at an idle reeling in the irrigation unit for 2 or 3 months, then drain fuel and forget about it until next year. We do change oil weekly during peak irrigation as these units rack up hours quick running 20-22 hours a day.

Old Doug

I always had Honda motorcycles and thought they were the best. A place i worked at bought 2 new trailers that had Honda engines They were the worst starting engine i was ever around .I dont know if it was because of the hard ride they saw or what.

aighead

Chalk up another Honda fan. I think I've only owned their cars and I have one of their motorcycles now. Typically great engines.

When I went to buy my bike, used, it was about 15 degrees out and almost blizzard snowy, it fired right up like it was nothing. Now, granted, it may have been started a few minutes prior to us getting there. I've had it sit for months, slapped a new battery in, and it's fired right up like it ran yesterday. Very pleased. The bike does take some choking, and it's a little slow to get warm but it's never been a real problem, just ride for a mile or so, push in the choke button and gettyup.

Flat Thunder Channel

So far I'm loving the generator and find excuses to use it on odd jobs. Used it just last night to trim a drainage pipe. It was easier than uncoiling an extension cord! :)

I've owned Honda motorcycles and still have an old school 80's vintage cruiser. The motorcycle has always been cold blooded, but never failed to start with clean carburetors, fresh fuel and a good battery.

PXL_20220517_010652843.jpg PXL_20220517_010644629.jpg

aighead

So, I'm hopefully de-crittering the barn by putting this annoying screen up. I was hand stapling but it sucked. I looked up if harbor freight had a power stapler. They do, 40 bucks. It was incredible. As usual, with an HF product, it could use a bit of tweaking, namely a v-groove cut in the safety button thing, but used with 2 hands this thing can fly through some staples, cordless!

20220605_163600.jpg

20220605_141537.jpg

ahart

I’m not sure why I bother to even post this as I believe it to be irrelevant information to the topic at hand. But, nevertheless I asked google for the requested information and like usual, they were more than willing to provide. 25D47F3D-BCD6-434E-BBCC-353A2A708492.png

ahart

In an already established thread labeled “tool talk” it’s relevant?? I’m not splitting hairs here but there is an agricultural equipment section in this forum and I’m almost certain a hay baler would most certainly qualify as agricultural equipment.

Welder Dave

In an already established thread labeled “tool talk” it’s relevant?? I’m not splitting hairs here but there is an agricultural equipment section in this forum and I’m almost certain a hay baler would most certainly qualify as agricultural equipment.
You helped someone out. Who really cares if it technically wasn't in the right forum. There are lots of instances where members post in a different forum, perhaps because they think more people will see it. In this case it was the 1st. post by a new member and he may not have looked through the entire site before posting.