• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Flat Thunder Channel

I just remembered the custom compression ring pliers I purchased for small fuel line. Used them for the first time the other night on the Bobcat engine. They are a simple concept, but I really like them so far. It is much easier than installing a bulky traditional style hose clamp.

pliers.png pliers(2).png

Flat Thunder Channel

Most recently used necessity; scrap 2"x4" pieces for lifting and prying! I also used old heater hose as bumpers for a radiator mount. This kind of encouragement creates hoarders! However, when it works it's a beautiful thing! Now if I can just find that blank_______! Anyone have good ideas for pallet rack organization / storage that is unique?

DIYDAVE

Tame by todays standards, but racy enough, in its day... Search for Hurricane Gussy, on youtube;)

Flat Thunder Channel

I was looking into a small diesel fuel container to store a small amount of fuel for my skidloader. The high end units have a mechanical hand crank pump. I see Handy brand offers an american made unit. I have one of their motorcycle lift tables. They are great quality units. The fuel tank is expensive though. It is more than 2X the cheapo units. Any experience with small storage tanks or suggestions? I have even thought about designing a custom unit or buying a larger transfer tank that is more economical.

JD955SC

These are nice for pressure washing inside engine, pump, trans compartments

Tools Pro Quick Connecting Pivoting Coupler 120 Degree with 5 Angles and Safety Lock for Pressure Washer Spray Nozzle, Cleaning Hard to Reach Area Max 5000 PSI 1/4 Inch Plug https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FXXXXJ3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_PgVZEbXN9V80M

A heat gun directed on radiator hoses, heater and hydraulic suction lines makes them turn loose a LOT easier. They used to **** me off trying to get the stubborn things loose and I always seemed to rip them with the picks but the heat gun works every time no matter how old, hard and stuck they are

Flat Thunder Channel

I pulled this old pair of pliers out if the tool box last night. It isn't the pair i normally use, but it made quick work of the task at hand. The garage was dark due to a local power outage. If it was not dark I may have rummaged around for different pair. I forgot them in my pocket so they made their way into the house and on my kitchen table. Today I noticed they look different than other pliers I have seen in the past. The lower jaw is more straight while the upper jaw has a nice curve to it. Reminds me of an alligator. I also noticed one of the handles has a screwdriver flat on the end. Any ideas what this was used for? Anyone think it was a specialty pair or just a unique universal tool of it's day? It is a pretty cool old pair of pliers. I think it may have belonged to my grandfather.

Attachments

• IMG_20200611_223044.jpg
    IMG_20200611_223044.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20200611_223049.jpg
    IMG_20200611_223049.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20200611_223121.jpg
    IMG_20200611_223121.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 65

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
It is a pretty cool old pair of pliers. I think it may have belonged to my grandfather.

I have had a pair like that with the screw driver tip on the end of a handle. Have to look to see if I still do some where. Think it was just a tool made to try and combine one into two, for homeowner use.

Well found two one pair pretty close to your's but with more rounded shape of jaws.

Second has a few differences, fist thing is they have cutting jaws in place of the gripping jaws, second along with one handle being a screwdriver the other handle is made to pull small nails and third if you look close near the pivot they also havepliers.JPG a notch for cutting wire?.

Last edited:

kshansen

Occupation
If you want to see some crazy tools I have some my wife's late husband tools. He worked at least part time as a mechanic at a Chrysler deal and had an assortment of maybe half a dozen distributor(you remember those things?)hold down bolt wrenches!

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
I have had a pair like that with the screw driver tip on the end of a handle. Have to look to see if I still do some where. Think it was just a tool made to try and combine one into two, for homeowner use.

Well found two one pair pretty close to your's but with more rounded shape of jaws.

Second has a few differences, fist thing is they have cutting jaws in place of the gripping jaws, second along with one handle being a screwdriver the other handle is made to pull small nails and third if you look close near the pivot they also haveView attachment 219156 a notch for cutting wire?.
Are your red ones not for fencing?

kshansen

Occupation
Are your red ones not for fencing?
I suppose they could be but they are barely six inches long, it seems like the fencing pliers I have seen were a bit larger and had a head more like a hammer.
Like these:
fencing pliers.png
Maybe these are for miniature livestock?

kshansen

Occupation
The red ones are a hoof nippers/ but with multi tool handles. They would be terribly short handled for actual work.

Maybe but even as hoof nippers think they would be a bit on the small size. Not sure why a hoof nipper would have a screw driver bit on one handle and a small nail puller on the other and the wire cutter near the hing. Don't recall hearing about horse shoes that were installed with screws!

Maybe I should ask my ex-wife's brother as he spent many years as a farrier.

Then again who knows what the guy who designed them was trying to accomplish!