• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jonas302

Yes it does I have the end closed up so it can fill with sparks from the saw the elbow sticks down into that wheel a ways Its working out pretty good so far
Still have a few tools to get set on there but it cleared up a lot of space for lesser used ones

Does the elbow behind the cut-off saw lead to a particle trap of some sort ?

JPV

IMG_20220413_181518675.jpg
My daily driver is a T300 Kenworth loaded down with 20 years of tools, guess what gets used the most? They are always in my pocket and I don't leave home without them. The reversible jaw is handier than you would think. I have several sizes of crescent wrenches up to 24 inch, they are mostly used for straightening or bending stuff or hydraulic lines. When you have to hike through the brush a long ways to change a hose on a Feller Buncher they are a god send. If you can't get the fitting loose because the wrench won't turn you can at least get an accurate measurement to know exactly what wrenches you need to grab. I had a Snap On that I found on the road, I wish I had never taken the time to stop and pick it up, I hated that thing but couldn't bring myself to chuck it. I finally gave it to a buddy who thought Snap On tools were the best, we were both happy!

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
I use the f**k out of a 6" proto adjustable. That things changed more pilot lines, air fittings then I can count.

Shimmy1

The words I have for this person are unusable on this board
I'm not a Snap-on nutcase, but I have started acquiring some. When I wear out or break a socket or other tool, I replace it with a Snap-on. In two years I have replaced most of my screwdrivers, wobblys, adaptors, and a handful of sockets. I have, however, decided that after my second 1/2" wobbly, when I kill this one I'm going back to Carlyle.

JPV

I have 3 Snap On ratchets that I have bought off the truck, about 450 bucks worth and worth every penny. I have seen a few examples where other pretty good tools broke under extreme abuse (Loong cheater pipes or pulling on an end wrench with a chain puller breaking a bolt loose for example) and the Snap On worked. Most of the time everything else works fine for me though. Snap On impact wobbly sockets are awesome too.

westerner

As to 'adjustable wrenches'- it is simply another tool. We all are tool junkies. We all have many tools that do the 'crescent' job much better. However, we all find jobs where we are glad to have the thing.
My Uncle Tom chased down a wrench with very narrow jaws he loaned to his brother. Fantastic for hyd work. I do not recall the brand but is was 50's American. Tom was on a mission to get it back from his late brother's estate because it was the best tool for that job. No good for head bolts, but hey.....

Tyler d4c

For me snapon or proto ratchets snapon screw drivers proto or snapon sockets and preferably knipex pliers the rest as long as there decent I'm happy.

Old Doug

I have some of every brand made i bet but i have only one snapon ratchet 3/8 long handle it is a lemon. The chrome is worn from riding around on the dash of my pickup looking for a snap on truck to get it fixed. I got it fixed maybe 20 years ago but i am afraid to use it because it broke 2 times and i was being carful. I have other snap on stuff that has been good. I have S K ratchets that have been on the end of a pipe several times and never had a problem.

colson04

SK made a really nice ratchet. My grandpa has a couple SK 1/2" drive ratchets and a breaker bar that have been well abused on the farm and are still around. We've even broken the square drive off, called their customer support number, and they sent out a rebuild kit free of charge. Works for us when our tools dont get used hard, all day, every day.