• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TMS300 slow hydraulics

John Griffin

No Problem. This crane is a project so it's no hurry.

We finished replacing the drivers side center spring hanger yesterday. That was a pretty big undertaking but it's good to go now.

John Griffin

Got a chance to pull the pumps out and tear them apart. They are just flat worn out. The thrust plates are probably worn 0.050" plus a couple of the section housings are worn out as well. Got to get some pumps rounded up.

ssmith212

I bought another TMS 300 recently. The previous owner had knocked off the drain plug on the hydraulic manifold at the pumps. We welded the drain plug back on and filled it with hydraulic fluid. We opened the 4 bleeders that are on the 4 pipes as they cross over the top of the transmission. We also burped the air out of them at the top of the pumps. When we operate the crane, it seems like all the functions are very slow compared to our other TMS300. They all work but I have to rev the engine to max rpm to get it to operate like our other one does at idle. This crane had been sitting for 6 years before we started messing with it. Every function is equally slow so it seems very unlikely that all 4 pump sections would go out at once. The guy I bought the crane from had some sudden health problems and had to quite working without notice. He had told me it was working fine before sitting and so far has been 100% up front and honest with me. I pulled the filter and it looked good. I have a new one on the way regardless. Any idea what might be causing our low hydraulic output?
John can you tell me the Grove pump number I dont have a manual but would like to check for a new or rebuilt pump for the TMS300 to id it once i know the pump number i may be able to sell them
The low output could be the the gear pump sections are just worn out does it get slower as the oil heats up Regards Stephen

ssmith212

Got a chance to pull the pumps out and tear them apart. They are just flat worn out. The thrust plates are probably worn 0.050" plus a couple of the section housings are worn out as well. Got to get some pumps rounded up.
i may be able to sell you parts fairly inexpensively ,,just need to figure out what pump it is

John Griffin

John can you tell me the Grove pump number I dont have a manual but would like to check for a new or rebuilt pump for the TMS300 to id it once i know the pump number i may be able to sell them
The low output could be the the gear pump sections are just worn out does it get slower as the oil heats up Regards Stephen
I dont have the grove numbers handy but I can find them again.

Welder Dave

I kn
Unfortunately, no I haven't. Life has just plain gotten in the way and we have other cranes that we use. This tms has basically become a parts machine for now and we have fixed stuff on it as time has allowed.
I know what that's like. You have good intentions to fix things or finish a project but too much other $hit happens that takes priority.