• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TL230 Series 2 float diagnosis

Coyote556

I am working on a TL230 Series 2 float issue. I have tested the button at the right joystick and it is functioning correctly, but I get no current at the float solenoid plug over the control valve. I have a wiring diagram, but I am having difficulty figuring out which wire from the controller would feed the float solenoid so I can make sure I do not have a bad wire somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions on tracking this down? Thanks

skata

Well I don't have a tl230 manual but on a tl140 there is a relay for float. Check that the relay is clicking on. Could be bad solder joint on there. Fairy common.

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-07-03-00-28-07.png
    Capture+_2020-07-03-00-28-07.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 20

Coyote556

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Ok, I have gotten this far, I have 12v coming in from the grip when I push the float button to pin x27 on the controller. I do not have 12v coming out of pin Y06 on the controller going to the float solenoid. The problem I have is the service manual does not say what parameters are required for the controller to send the 12v to the float solenoid. I don’t know if it’s checking a pressure sensor first or anything. I have checked the pin coming right out of the controller that goes to the wire feeding the solenoid and there is no voltage there if I push the float button or not. I know there has to be some parameters in the controller because the wiring diagram shows the controller is what lights the float light on the console also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17

Coyote556

I did the testing with the seat bar down and I’ve also tested it out on the ground as shown in the manual. I just wonder if there’s some logic built into the controller that requires a signal from the up and down pressure sensors before it will send the 12 V to the float solenoid. I wish the service manual actually showed what signals were required before it sent 12v to the float solenoid. That would really help with the diagnosis.

skata

I'm pretty sure just the seat bar needs to be down. That's it.
Where are you measuring voltage?

Coyote556

I have 12v coming into the controller at x27 when I push the float button. I have no voltage coming out of the controller at Y06. I checked it right at the controller. I have also checked the wire between y06 and the float solenoid and the wire is good.

skata

Did you check voltage at y06 with the solenoid unplugged? If it's shorted, it could show 0 volts.

skata

The output on y06 is nothing right now. I do not know if it is supposed to be 12 or 24v
Ok. My cnc wiring days were coming to mind. I should have said negative output. Or is there a power input for the float to the control?

Coyote556

Sure. Here it is. I need all the help I can get. This is driving me crazy.

Attachments

• Takeuchi TL230 wiring diagram.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 32

skata

I'd probably look at those arm pressure switches. Though I don't know how to check them. Make sure they're connected, no corrosion.