• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TL130, Weak Lift Arm

azvacs

Occupation
Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
Another chapter in the rebuid of this machine. Replace all fuilds and fiters and put in a new drive motor. Unit moves good with good speed and power but the lift arm is very slow and weak. Cant even lift a half bucket of dirt.

azvacs

Occupation
Could float valve be stuck open a bit?
It does change a little as i move the pilot control and has a bit more power as i increase RPM

Toddgarage

Occupation
Construction, welding/fabrication, operator
A few years ago we had a TL130 and TL140. If a remember correctly the float function is electrically controlled by servos.
First question: Does the bucket have good curl or breakout force? You mentioned the lift arms are weak, but are the bucket cylinders strong?
Second Question: are you running the correct hydraulic fluid? our old TL130 and TL140 and our new TL8 use 15w-40 diesel engine oil.
Our old TL140 would occasionally drop out of high speed because the solenoid was weak. If the float valve were to fail, I would think it would default to closed versus open...

Toddgarage

Occupation
Construction, welding/fabrication, operator
the relay is behind the kick panel by operator feet.
The loader control valve is by operator right shoulder.
I know the 2 speed solenoid is by operator left leg. I think the float is also there.

Either way, try the relay first. Check for power there. You should be able to activate the relays with the cab up; safety systems must also be activated. (Lap bar and seat pressure sensor if equipped.)
2A0FF6B7-9D6C-4382-B498-4C10E6D3345E.png

azvacs

Occupation
I do not know. Do you have a service manual? Someone should be able to give you one on here if you ask.
Yes I do. But I thought I’d ask to shorten down the search .

azvacs

Occupation
the relay is behind the kick panel by operator feet.
The loader control valve is by operator right shoulder.
I know the 2 speed solenoid is by operator left leg. I think the float is also there.

Either way, try the relay first. Check for power there. You should be able to activate the relays with the cab up; safety systems must also be activated. (Lap bar and seat pressure sensor if equipped.)
View attachment 261816
Thx for the info. I’ll check those out.

azvacs

Occupation
A few years ago we had a TL130 and TL140. If a remember correctly the float function is electrically controlled by servos.
First question: Does the bucket have good curl or breakout force? You mentioned the lift arms are weak, but are the bucket cylinders strong?
Second Question: are you running the correct hydraulic fluid? our old TL130 and TL140 and our new TL8 use 15w-40 diesel engine oil.
Our old TL140 would occasionally drop out of high speed because the solenoid was weak. If the float valve were to fail, I would think it would default to closed versus open...
I’ll get back to you later today about that. It definitely seems like the bucket works faster but I’ll check on break out

tack2.

I had the same issue and checked all of the other components but nothing mad any difference till tonight I replaced the loader arm valve and fixed the problems

azvacs

Occupation
Where is the loader arm valve?

tack2.

It's the stack of three valves that control the arms the bucket and exessories. The loader arm valve is the one on the bottom of the stack and is attached to the float solenoids and the leveling valve that are on the left side of the machine they have hoses closing over in the middle