• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TL130, HELP!

azvacs

Occupation
Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
OK, Here we go again. I have replaced the entire wiring harness. Brand new. As soon as i hook up the battery, the fuel pump starts to do it rattle thing, even without the key in. Put the key in and turn it to start and it starts and runs fine. Then i try to shut it down and it wont. Turn the key off, still running. Take the key out, still running. Disconnect the negative battery terminal, still running. The way i got it to shut down was to disconnect the round connector that runs up to the lap bar proximity switch.
WTH is going on?????
Need help from the Tak GURU’s

azvacs

Occupation
I'm thinking miswired at ignition switch. I looked thru my images and don't have a picture to share.
I’m looking through mine and i think i followed it but I’ll surely check it again. I’m grabbing at straws at this point.

azvacs

Occupation
I'm thinking miswired at ignition switch. I looked thru my images and don't have a picture to share.
The only thing that is not new as far as electrical goes is a couple of the relays. K & L are new. They were missing when i bought the machine. Key switch is also new. But I’ll recheck the wiring. E979317F-A564-4A9D-8DE3-CF1D3F590074.jpeg

azvacs

Occupation
Well, after taking the ignition switch out and checking, it is wired according to the diagram.. Got any other ideas. I’m stumped.
EFEAE0C0-3B0E-450B-9C8A-AB7FB2599E7D.jpeg 8D0DE3B0-C220-45E9-A695-AC4B1B636DFA.jpeg

skata

Machine would still run with battery disconnected because alternator is giving power to keep fuel shutoff solenoid active.
If it were me, I'd double check the ignition. Connect battery, And start disconnecting wires at key, to see if the fuel pump turns off

azvacs

Occupation
Machine would still run with battery disconnected because alternator is giving power to keep fuel shutoff solenoid active.
If it were me, I'd double check the ignition. Connect battery, And start disconnecting wires at key, to see if the fuel pump turns off
ok.I’m open to try anything. I’ll give it a try tomorrow and let you know. Thx.

jav

your wiring diagram is different than mine but if were in your shoes, I trace things backwards. You mentioned your fuel pump runs as soon as the battery is hooked up. It appears your stop solenoid is also getting constant power. I'd start at the fuel pump and follow the current flow backwards to see why it has power when it shouldn't. On mine I believe the fuel pump is fed directly off the ACC circuit through a fuse and that circuit also feeds the cluster, control & coolant sensor detection.

Something has to be providing power when it shouldn't. Could be a miss wire or a bad component. I've seen relays get stuck on

azvacs

Occupation
your wiring diagram is different than mine but if were in your shoes, I trace things backwards. You mentioned your fuel pump runs as soon as the battery is hooked up. It appears your stop solenoid is also getting constant power. I'd start at the fuel pump and follow the current flow backwards to see why it has power when it shouldn't. On mine I believe the fuel pump is fed directly off the ACC circuit through a fuse and that circuit also feeds the cluster, control & coolant sensor detection.

Something has to be providing power when it shouldn't. Could be a miss wire or a bad component. I've seen relays get stuck on
Everything is brand new except for a few of the relays. Good thought. I’ll check them.

jav

I'm not advocating checking the relays... I'm suggesting you trace power back from where it shouldn't be to determine how or why it's getting power when it shouldn't. This should lead you to your fault... or at least one of those faults.

azvacs

Occupation
I'm not advocating checking the relays... I'm suggesting you trace power back from where it shouldn't be to determine how or why it's getting power when it shouldn't. This should lead you to your fault... or at least one of those faults.
I have discovered that it will start and run fine and shut off if i disconnect the wiring that leads to the proximity lap bar switch and the front lights. Also, the fuel pump only runs with the key on, like it is supposed to. The new wiring harness has a 5 pin connector there and the old connector i plug into it is a 6 pin. Anyone have thoughts on that?729618DB-A697-47C5-8F33-98D30E1C737F.jpeg E657AC4C-82FB-41F6-8304-3C1AB25BA754.jpeg EF3245D4-A20F-4541-8608-5BF8EBD34F90.jpeg

Attachments

• 3EFF3B30-C9BA-42B9-95A7-03EDAE50D67E.jpeg
    3EFF3B30-C9BA-42B9-95A7-03EDAE50D67E.jpeg
    604.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

skata

There shouldn't be constant power going to lights or proximity switch, so not sure how connecting that harness causes machine to run without key. Did someone splice power into that harness anywhere along the way?

jav

....Also, the fuel pump only runs with the key on, like it is supposed to....

When did this change? In your first post you said "the fuel pump starts to do it rattle thing, even without the key in".

ianjoub

When did this change? In your first post you said "the fuel pump starts to do it rattle thing, even without the key in".
"if i disconnect the wiring that leads to the proximity lap bar switch and the front lights. Also, the fuel pump only runs with the key on, like it is supposed to"

I read it as when disconnected, fuel pump does not start on its own. When plugged in, it does.

jav

That makes more sense... seems like it may not be the correct wiring harness if there's a difference in the connector pin out?

azvacs

Occupation
F254496D-80F5-4A91-B885-A224B5614360.jpeg
That makes more sense... seems like it may not be the correct wiring harness if there's a difference in the connector pin out?
Everything seems to be functioning correctly as long as that connector for the Lap bar switch and front lights is disconnected. (A side from a travel motor issue, but, one thing at a time).
I’m going to remove the short wiring loom to the proximity switch/front lights to see if there’s a short or ??? It would be nice to be able to locate this connector on the schematic. Anyone know where that shows up?

Last edited:

azvacs

Occupation
B1D04962-F1B7-40ED-997D-446B66B5D39D.jpeg 7E9A3B10-909F-4AA7-9E92-D6BCD2019E1D.jpeg
There shouldn't be constant power going to lights or proximity switch, so not sure how connecting that harness causes machine to run without key. Did someone splice power into that harness anywhere along the way?
I think I answered my own question about location of the connector. It is not shown as one connector but separate wires. And i wish there was some consistency to the naming of relays from page to page. One shows the Arm Float Relay and Horn Relay as the same and another page shows them as separate.