1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Titan attachment / Palletforks.com

Discussion in 'Compact Equipment Attachments' started by ianjoub, Feb 16, 2019.

1. ianjoub

ianjoub Senior Member

2. ianjoub

ianjoub Senior Member

I called them yesterday. I was 34th in the phone cue, not a good sign. I emailed and heard back today. The attachment will not be available until AT LEAST the end of this month (though I could order and pay for it today :lol: ).

I did hope someone had some experience with them, good or bad, though. I would hate to buy something that doesn't hold up.

3. RTSmith

RTSmith Senior Member

Not where it should be..!
    Have never heard of them. The splitter looks neat, but looks like a lot of steel and valves for the price. I was anticipating a higher price.

4. ianjoub

ianjoub Senior Member

I was thinking 'too good to be true' ... what is the fault/catch?

5. ianjoub

ianjoub Senior Member

Ok, back in stock. I ordered one today. I'll give a review once I receive it and put it through the paces.

6. ianjoub

ianjoub Senior Member

Supposed to be delivered tomorrow between 11 and 3. If so, product fulfillment and shipping are spot on!

Price dropped from what I paid:
    $1004.00 to $900.00 on the website, another 'run for the hills moment...'

Methinks my first instinct will be correct. I hope I am wrong.

7. ianjoub

ianjoub Senior Member

This thing was delivered on Tues. It looks solid. It came with the correct size flat face couplers. I hooked it up and used it last night. It lasted about 45 minutes. It broke a bolt (used as a pin) between the ram rod and the 4 way wedge. I was going to replace it with a grade 8 bolt, then thought it may have been designed to be the weak point. At any rate, I'll buy 2 or 3 bolts and tape the spares to the unit for when they are needed.

I am running this on a CAT 287B. The ram cycle time was slower than I would have liked, but my wife pointed out that it was faster than we could feed it (for more than a few minutes). The unit liked the loader running just a hair above idle. I was splitting 18" - 24" diameter heavily knotted green (freshly cut) southern live oak. A maul bounces off this stuff. It pushed right through without slowing down. There was a little flex in the frame on the biggest and most knotted stuff though.

I would say it is a good buy for the money if you aren't doing this professionally. It would likely last forever if one is using it on easier to split wood. I would say it would be fine even for someone doing 5 - 10 cords per year for home heating.

8. RTSmith

RTSmith Senior Member

Not where it should be..!
    Sounds fair enough so far. Good deal!

sillej likes this.
  9. ianjoub

ianjoub Senior Member

Yes, and good for me. I just brought home 1.5 cords more today. I am set for next winter!

10. catman13

catman13 Well-Known Member

refrigeration engineer/excavation contractor
    I would not use a grade 8 bolt if it has a grade 5 or lower, when a grade 8 breaks it fly like a bullet if your not careful.

ianjoub likes this.