• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tipping trailer inclinometer

Squiddog

Good day,

Just wondering if anyone has experience in inclinometers used to moniter the angle of tipping trailers

http://www.hummingbirdelectronics.com.au/Inclinometers.html?gclid=CIGanovt9acCFQH1bwodOxVIbg

In australia we use a type of trailer called a "dog trailer"

http://trucksales.com.au/buy/detail...&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=177&__sid=12DFD12F3968

They are very prone to rolling over when tipping on uneven surfaces, so i was thinking of investing in one of these units to mount to the trailer to try and prevent such accidents.

Any thoughts or opinions welcomed

heavylift

most of the end dumps and pups that you see around here... The driver has to get out of the truck and flip a switch on the trailer...tail gate release... I suppose it's to get the driver to look at his trailer..

The arced bubble level that is on a blade or dozer would probably be cheaper than that electronic gadget...

plowking740

Occupation
Equipment operator
ive seen some guys make a simple pendulem gauge and mount it on the front of the trailer. just a simple look in the mirror or out the back window lets you know how the trailer is sitting.

hammerman

Occupation
excavator operator
If the truck is in a plane, the trailer in other different one, some electronic help could be very useful,I think,you really can know if you are well placed, I like.